Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

need help req. domestic helper!!!

michelle711 is offline Registered User

need help req. domestic helper!!!

we are new to employing a domestic helper,we are going through an agency since one of the requirements by the employer is to write a letter stating the reasons why we need a helper, i don't know whow to start to write this letter..firstly it's because it's 5 of us in my family, i stay at home,my husband works and travels most of the time, my kids --2 are adults and working and 1 is 13yrs old still studying..so not much of a reason to require a helper coz we don't have any newborn baby or any elderly...the reason i need her is one, i need her to assist me in the housework--cleaning,ironing,doing the groceries etc......sometimes i go out and work part-time and two,we want to speed up the process and have the helper here hopefully before xmas as my mother-in-law and sisters-in-law are coming over this xmas for holiday and i really need help to be able to accommodate them..for speeding up the process,do we need to write anohter letter for this? can anyone give me a sample as how i could start my letter to state the reason why we need a helper...thanks!!

HKfornow is offline Registered User
    Shouldn't the agency take care of that for you? We did not write any letters to justify why we needed the helper, just present proof that you qualify to hire the helper, basically, either employment contract or tax return, then address proof, plus pay the agency.

joannek is offline Registered User
    my agent also took care of the letters for me. they actually have some standard letters to fill in your specifics. maybe you should consider using another agency....

michelle711 is offline Registered User

tks

i just called the agency and actually they will provide a template for me..just some stuff to fill in..like what you said..they did give me form and everything and most of it i just filled in and attached the required documents

thanks anyway!

looking4aJob is offline Registered User
    Hi everyone, I just read this thread that Ma'am michelle711 looking for a helper.

I have been working as a domestic helper in HK for 1yr (Aug.26,2004-Sept.1,2005) My employer has 2 kids, 15year-old boy and 9year-old girl.I can do all the house hold chores, even take care of newborn babies and take care of elderly. I am a hardworking and honest person. I can do all the tasks even without supervision. I am a college graduate of Bachelor of Science in Industrial Education. My previous employer doesn't state any reason why she want to terminate me in her one month notice. After I went home, in the Philippines, I got a job as a Sales Assistant of a US based company that sells microscopes. My contract will finished this December and I am very willing to work again in Hongkong.

Someone help me please, I tried to apply in agencies here but until now I haven't got employer.

kellyst is offline Registered User
    like the others, i have hired multiple helpers thru my agency and was NEVER asked to write or fill out any letters of such a kind. i think it's the agency's responsibility to do that for you? given that they should know what's appropriate to write in there after you've given them the requirements?

charleen is offline Registered User
    Hello My Name is Charlene im looking for a part time job as a domestic helper if any theres any jobs please contact me on my mobile 67543823 thanks im free on monday tuesday wensday and sat