Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Blood in baby's stool

mywing is offline Registered User

Blood in baby's stool

I noticed a bit of blood in my 4-month. Initially I thought it was because the stool was hard which caused the blood but now that I've given her lots of water, her stool is softer but I could still find a bit of blood (tiny bit) in it. Would appreciate any advice on this as I am very worried. Many thanks!

jools is offline Registered User
    My advice would be to take your baby to the doctors. I know with adults you are advised to do this immediately. It might be nothing but a least a medical professional can put your mind at rest.

Jools

joannek is offline Registered User
    my baby also once had blood & musuc in her stool. i was worried, so my ped asked me to get the stool to the lab in hk sanitorium for culture. call you ped & get a small bottle & a pc of paper from your ped. it's probably nothing, but just to make sure. my baby's didn't have anything. it was probably from the yeast infection i had in my breasts.

shalom is offline Registered User
    my baby had blood in his stool too when he was a month old. his stool was not very hard but not too soft either. i took him to the peds and she asked me what milk powder i feed him. i was feeding him S26 then. she said S26 is very 'heaty' and often caused constipation. true enough i changed his milk powder and there was no more blood after that. but to be on the safe side, you should still take your baby to see the doc.

mywing is offline Registered User
    Thanks to all of you for your advice. My baby's on Enfalac and I thought she might be 'heaty' as what Shalom has said. But I'll bring my baby in for a check-up anyway. Thanks so much!