Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: How Long Did It Take You to Conceive?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

How Long Did It Take You to Conceive?

Cici is offline Registered User
    agree with canucker. One of our friends went to QM for IVF- they were both in their late 30's.They managed to extract alot of eggs from my friend (I think around 20 or so), but whenever the eggs were fertislised, all of them had a genetic defect- doctors don't know why, but told my friend that she definately wouldn't be able to get pregnant with her hubbie. Another friend spent a fortune on 3 IVF attempts at Dr Ho, with no good news...

Bravo2714 is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Cici View Post
    agree with canucker. One of our friends went to QM for IVF- they were both in their late 30's.They managed to extract alot of eggs from my friend (I think around 20 or so), but whenever the eggs were fertislised, all of them had a genetic defect- doctors don't know why, but told my friend that she definately wouldn't be able to get pregnant with her hubbie. Another friend spent a fortune on 3 IVF attempts at Dr Ho, with no good news...

Do you mean Dr Clement Ho?

Louiseamanda is offline Registered User
    Hi

I was another person who conceived in first cycle. I also conceived quickly 2y after but miscarried.

BUT I should add that the survey is meaningless. I nmean, I am not sure what is the value of a 'conception survey'. Because many women conceive quickly but this doesn't mean that a future conception will be easy. It also doesn't necessarily mean that the pregnancy will be carried to term and normal.
    I think what I'm saying is that conception is only one small aspect of achieving a successful pregnancy. This survey may only serve to upset those who take longer.
    Sorry Rani, perhaps there is good reason for the survey??

Whereas it didn't apply to me ( I was lucky to conceive quickly, in the older age group) the average person overestimates how quick it would be.

My friend took 1 year in her secong pregnancy to conceive at aged 39. She thought this was slow. In fact this is not slow at this age.

There are also some women who conceive quickly but miscarry frequently.

So 'quick conception' is not a goal in itself (I'm not saying yopu say it is, I'm just making the point!)

Hpe this buoys up the others.

Happy trying!
    LA:crib

rani is offline Administrator
    Louise,

Sorry if the survey has upset you. The survey, like all our others is simply for gathering data. Yes, conception doesn't always lead to a successful pregnancy. We are assuming that those who have responded to the survey, were successful in carrying their babies full-term.

Happy trying and hope it happens soon.

:bighug
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Sara is offline Registered User
    First cycle the first time. The second time (after 35) took 6 months.

future mommy is offline Registered User
    Same as Sara, on my first cycle the first time.

FlowerChild is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Louiseamanda View Post
    Hi

I was another person who conceived in first cycle. I also conceived quickly 2y after but miscarried.

BUT I should add that the survey is meaningless. I nmean, I am not sure what is the value of a 'conception survey'. Because many women conceive quickly but this doesn't mean that a future conception will be easy. It also doesn't necessarily mean that the pregnancy will be carried to term and normal.
    I think what I'm saying is that conception is only one small aspect of achieving a successful pregnancy. This survey may only serve to upset those who take longer.
    Sorry Rani, perhaps there is good reason for the survey??

Whereas it didn't apply to me ( I was lucky to conceive quickly, in the older age group) the average person overestimates how quick it would be.

My friend took 1 year in her secong pregnancy to conceive at aged 39. She thought this was slow. In fact this is not slow at this age.

There are also some women who conceive quickly but miscarry frequently.

So 'quick conception' is not a goal in itself (I'm not saying yopu say it is, I'm just making the point!)

Hpe this buoys up the others.

Happy trying!
    LA:crib
    I agree with this post:yeah2

nyonya35 is offline Registered User
    1st cycle with the first baby, and with the second one I we were not sure whether it is time yet for a second baby or we should still wait for several months, so we decided to risk just a bit, i.e we only had unprotected sex a week after the ovulation should have been, and here I am at 16 weeks now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast