Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Poll: How Long Did It Take You to Conceive?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

How Long Did It Take You to Conceive?

tan
    tan is offline Registered User

Been ages since I was actually on the site properly, but one last reminisce, we took so so long enough to conceive at the first birth that it was an amazing surprise. Lets hope number two will be less surprising ;-)

sherwes is offline Registered User

Thanks for posting Mel-g20. It took me nearly 3 years and many proceedures to carry to term. I am very open about the terrible experience I had because I know it is really difficult to go through fertility problems when it seems like "everyone" is falling pregnant very quickly. I now have the most beautiful baby boy and every day I have with him is such a gift.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User

First cycle with our first, 2nd cycle with my miscarriage, 4th cycle with my twins. Very easy pregnancies, full term and all big babies, twins included.

MLBW Guest

Wasn't a planned pregnancy. Went off the pill and by the end of the next cycle was pregnant. I think it may be easier to conceive if you're younger though--that may be the case with me.

MLBW Guest

....It was SO hard for me when people would announce their pregnancies when I was trying so hard... especially people who would complain because they didn't WANT to be pregnant!!

Sorry for being one of "those" people. I didn't realize that you guys were trying so hard at the time or I wouldn't have said anything.

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sage View Post
    Congrats Nicole! It's so heartening to hear about your experiences. I know you'll enjoy your pregnancy. It's the most magical time and even though it won't seem like it, you'll find that nine months breeze by in the blink of an eye! My nine months felt more like three months. I was working and I wished now that I had more time to enjoy "being preggers." :)
    It breezed by? Mine went on forever. I am so thankful to not be pregnant anymore! Whew! :0P

nicolejoy is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by MLBW View Post
    Sorry for being one of "those" people. I didn't realize that you guys were trying so hard at the time or I wouldn't have said anything.
    Hey, it wasn't just you - and I never really knew you before you were pregnant... The WORST was one of my friends in Australia - she had been bugging me about having a baby and we were trying but she didn't know we were trying... and given that she had a 2-3 month old, one time when she was bugging me, I said to her "I'll probably be pregnant before YOU fall pregnant again!!" But I wasn't - and because she didn't know I was trying, she told me like "Beat you, ha ha, hurry up already!!" which I didn't react well to ;)

But hey, I do think that I'm a stronger person having to "struggle" somewhat to fall pregnant... so I wouldn't change it... Maybe there's a reason why now's a better time than a year ago... *shrugs*

MLBW Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by nicolejoy View Post
    Hey, it wasn't just you - and I never really knew you before you were pregnant... The WORST was one of my friends in Australia - she had been bugging me about having a baby and we were trying but she didn't know we were trying... and given that she had a 2-3 month old, one time when she was bugging me, I said to her "I'll probably be pregnant before YOU fall pregnant again!!" But I wasn't - and because she didn't know I was trying, she told me like "Beat you, ha ha, hurry up already!!" which I didn't react well to ;)

But hey, I do think that I'm a stronger person having to "struggle" somewhat to fall pregnant... so I wouldn't change it... Maybe there's a reason why now's a better time than a year ago... *shrugs*
    Probably....:) I think all that matters is that you got pregnant, you like being pregnant (well, probably for the most part, right?) and you are happy at the prospects of being a mother. I would have given almost anything to have all those stars lined up for me. I hope that everything goes awesome--you're really nearing the "finishing" (read: "beginning") line!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast