Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Diapers and Wipes

jaetee is offline Registered User

Diapers and Wipes

I am starting to think about stocking up on diapers and wipes - can anyone recommend the best/non-leaking yet comfortable disposable diapers for newborns? Would also appreciate a "as natural as possible" diaper wipe recommendation as well.

BTW - read a previous thread about Merries - are they available in HK yet?

Thanks. :)

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    We've found that the diapers in HK are pretty poor quality; we use huggies with our little boy, we were using the newborn ones and are now on the small size and both have been horrendous for leaking.

We were in Europe last week however and the huggies diapers there were fantastic...no leaking whatsoever...no idea why something made by the same company can vary so much in quality from country to country.
    Unfortunetly it's just not practical to be shipping nappies from Europe, although would love too.

Found that all commercial wipes here were much too harsh for our baby....we found some in Europe, made by novartis which are actually designed for babies hand and face, but we use them as diaper wipes and they are fantastic.

Sorry that's not very helpeful for finding things in HK! Just our experience!

Felicia Soh is offline Registered User
    Every baby's skin sensitivity towards diapers might be different, so you need to try out a correct one. Generally, brand pampers premium is good, but it's pricey. Alternatively, huggies and mummy poko are practical.
    Pigeon Baby wipes is pretty good though, for newborn, I usually washed my baby with warm water when they pass motion to avoid redness or rashes.

carang is offline Registered User
    we've tried both huggies and pampers and now stick only to pampers. they are a little more $ but we've had very little problem with them.

rani is offline Administrator
    We made our own wipes. Have a read through this thread:

Homemade Diaper Wipes
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

kashismum is offline Registered User
    I use the own brand diapers from ToysRUs...although not from newborn. We were using Pampers and they leaked, especially at night when our LO started sleeping through. Since I've switched, we've NEVER had a leak and they're about half the price of Pampers.
    Use J&J wipes - others I've tried are not wet enough and don't dispense very well.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    When I was a girl, my mom used a wet washcloth on my siblings bottoms.

It's about as "as natural as possible" as you can get. :)

I myself used cotton wool soaked in a VERY dilute mixture of baby soap & water, when they were little,

jaetee is offline Registered User
    Thanks for all the wipes suggestions. So for diapers, seems we cant get any non-leaking ones in HK? :( Anywhere we can get the Merries brand?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast