Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Working out

SoLong is offline Registered User

Working out

I was with my parents for a month and they just kept on feeding me like I am pregnant already. So, now, I look huge, but I am not pregnant. I want to do a little bit of workout. Since we are trying also, I need to do exercises that will not do any harm. Can someone suggest any such exercises? I am plumpier at the belly and upper thighs.

Thanks!

Ohhhh dosen't anyone an idea :(

bbc mom is offline Registered User
    It depends on your current level of fitness. If you are not used to exercising regularly, then you should check with your doctor first about any limitations.
    The more safer/gentler activities would be swimming or just brisk walking.

msmslau is offline Registered User
    I agree wit bcc_mom that it's best to consult a professional. If you are serious about fitness, maybe you can join a gym and hire a personal trainer who can tailor the exercise program to your needs.

I used to exercise but have slowed down with my toddler. My favorite exercises for thighs and belly are lunges, sit up and squat. All these can tone your muscles groups. If you do them with weight, the result is even better.

Jogging is a great work out for the entire body but again check with a professional.

I did workout earlier, but slowed down since the past two months. Talked to my doctor recently. She said it is ok to do exercises that are not bouncy. So, that rules out jogging (was something I wanted to do). But cycling was ok with her. Best she said would be swimming. However, I do not enjoy a swim very much. She said even sit ups are ok, but slowly.

After I got all this information....my husband had banned me from any exercise at all. :) So now, I am growing fatter everyday. I just hope nobody ends up asking me how many months pregnant I am :D

I guess I will just take a chill pill for now and enjoy. Wil workout after I have a child. :)

shahirakk is offline Registered User
    what about yoga/has anyone tried yoga abs?
    Shahira KK

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    I did stationary cycling & rowing machine until I was about 7 months pregnant. However. I had also done them before I was pregnant.

It's not an all or nothing thing. Walking is a pretty good way to start. Maybe try doing a 20 minute walk/stroll w/ your DH after supper? It can be a "quality time" for the two of you as well. If you walk w/ him - he will not have to be afraid that you are overdoing it.

greatimp is offline Registered User
    I think it is so important to be fit before you get pregnant.

I do yoga and go to the gym and continued to do so after getting pregnant, except that I do not run on the treadmill anymore. As for yoga, I joined the pre-natal classes instead of the usual power or hatha classes.

Because of that (I think) I did not get that debilitating fatigue that so many mums-to-be talk about.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast