Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Formula for 14 mth old

kellyst is offline Registered User

Formula for 14 mth old

Hi,

my 14 mth old girl is on Nestle NaN Ha2 formula since she was 7mths. i know some moms changing to Nestle1+ Gold formula as a step up as babies turned one.

i've asked the nurse about it, and she said the difference is really not that big between the two, and that NanHa2 can be used til she's 2 y.o. but she also said, it's not a problem switching either, except some babies might get constipated for a while when switching. the pediatrician knew about my baby on the current formula during the one year check up and didn't indicate any change is necessary.

i was at Mannings, squat there comparing ingredients of the two and they do seem sooo similar.

baby is doing really well in every sense, finishing her milk, solids etc, very active, very alert and smart. that's why i don't really feel the need to change at this point.

just wanted to get thoughts on when you move your baby up to the next level formula, what are the cues that made you switch? notice any difference after?

thanks,

kellyst is offline Registered User
    hmm.. maybe this thread got lost in the crowd last weekend, any feedback?

rani is offline Administrator
    Hi Kelly,

We didn't switch to Stage 3 formula either as the Dr told us lots of kids get constipated. D was on Enfapro Stage 2 from 7-18mths. I then swtiched to Fresh milk but he broke out in a rash, so we switched to Rice Milk.

Rani
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Manju is offline Registered User
    Hi Kellyst..My son drank Similac when he is born but after 3 months found out that he is allergic to the milk. He cant take the milk and he always drink less milk. So Dr advised me to give him Soy Milk until he is 1. So then we changed it to Fresh Milk Diary Farm but towards morning he will get up for milk so i give him Formula Milk. I gave him Promise Gold for the age of 1-3 years. But based on experienced on my nephew..he drank NAN milk. My sister has to strugle hard when changing the milk to fresh milk or another formula milk as NAN milk tasty so he didnt want to drink another milk. It really took time to switch his milk to fresh milk.