Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Maternity clothes

creaturecomfort is offline Registered User

Maternity clothes

I have a sister who is petite. She mostly buys childrens clothes but is now pregnant with her first child. Unsurprisingly she is having great trouble finding any maternity clothes that fit in UK/US.

I am going to look for some here but don't know where to start. Looking for reasonably priced plain style clothes eg no big bows.

Cheers

rani is offline Administrator
    Have a look at Wing On, and the maternity stores in Causeway Bay across from Krispy Kreme.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

lcfmi is offline Registered User
    I 've heard from other pregnant women that this year is not that difficult to buy maternity clothes, cause now the A-Shaped dress and "doll styled" top (sorry I don't know the english term) is popular. They said they can easily pick up some items from most of the boutique to wear until they are 6 months pregnant.

acpurples is offline Registered User
    Has your sister tried the below stores in the US? They offer XS - XL sizes and is very fashionable. Not sure how petite she is but I get into the XS comfortably and I'm 48kg when I conceived.

www.japaneseweekend.com
    www.olianmaternity.com

lcfmi is offline Registered User
    I just received an email from an online shop and their item are on sale now. If you are interested you can check their website: www.tummygoody.com.
    It is an local website so the size should not be too big and some of the items are plain. I bought from them last time and the products are ok and reasonably priced.

pinemarten is offline Registered User
    also you could have things tailored to fit her cheaply in Shenzhen! If she sends you something that does fit, you can get a dozen copies made in different fabrics/styles.

creaturecomfort is offline Registered User
    Thanks all for the excellent ideas.

Yes she is very petite, about 42kgs I think. Too low to even donate blood. I am nearly 6 foot - go figure hey. Her husband is big and they have been told the baby is already big for its age. Can't image what she will look like at 9 months.