Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hang Hau Mums

mummybee is offline Registered User

Hang Hau Mums

Hi,

I am apartment-hunting and would greatly appreciate mums living in Hang Hau or surrounding areas to share their words of wisdom as to whether this area is good living for families. I have a 15 month old girl and want to move to somewhere more convenient (ie lots of shopping malls), less polluted, and lower rental of course.

I saw some lovely apartments in Residence Oasis and wonder if there are any mums (or dads) who are residents and who can tell me if this is the best complex to live in.

Also are there many english-speaking mums in the area (worried I would become a recluse) who wish to meet up during weekdays for coffee and sinful chocolate cakes?? And are there many playgroups appropriate for my little one?

Thanks so much and looking forward to meet some of you after our move!

Jo&Caia is offline Registered User
    Hi Mummybee,

Sorry I have no information for you regarding Hang Hau apartments but I would be interested in meeting you for a cuppa once you move in the area. I have an almost 11 month girl and we live in Clearwater Bay which is very close to Hang Hau. I also meet other moms regularly who live in Hang Hau/CWB and you are more than welcome to join us if you like.

Good luck with the flat hunting!

charm is offline Registered User

Smile

hi mummybee. I live around hang hau area and i would say that this is an ideal place to stay in. Aside from being accesible to the MTR, there are lots of shopping malls nearby (which is also one of my requirement when finding a new flat..:), grocery, schools/playgroups, clinics...its really very convenient and well, rates not that high.

Try getting an agent so you can schedule an ocular inspection of flats. Hope i'll see you around.

Thanks, Jo and Charm, for your replies. Yeah, being close to shoppng malls is the no 1 criteria in my search of apts this time round. I am currently staying in Central and boy, do I hate wheeling bub up/down the uneven pavements and stairs, not to mention inhaling all the vehicle fumes, to get to our destinations. I swear there shall be no more mistake in this second round of apt-hunting?!!!!
    BTW, any good paedetricians around the area? and do you bring your kids to playgroups?

tinkerbelle is offline Registered User
    Hi - we live close by in CWB/Sai Kung area. There is a very good paediatrician in Sai Kung - Dr Siu (surgery opposite McDonalds). She's western trained, spots all the issues and is really great with the kids. It's just a short taxi ride or bus trip from Hang Hau.

I haven't had much luck with any of the doctors in the Hang Hau area: they're not very western in their outlook (a bit sausage factory and too ready to over-medicate).

Good luck! Hang Hau has changed so much in recent years - we were all shocked when a Starbucks opened up there!

cckwok is offline Registered User
    Hi mummybee,

I'm living in Hau Hau. Residence Oasis is just next to my estate. I've been living here for years. Of course, it is a nice place. It is convenience with a lots of supermarkets, shopping malls & parks.

I've a 11mth baby boy and we can meet once you move in.

BTW, I've an appartment for lease somewhere next to Residence Oasis. You're welcome to take a look if you're still searching.

Hi cckwok and everybody,
    Just to update everyone that we rented an apt last week in Ocean Shores. We were so intended on Residence Oasis but the moment we saw Ocean Shores we like the surroundings and clubhouse a lot. We are waiting for the new shopping mall to open then it would be very convenient. Lease starts next february and after we settle expect to hear from me again for coffee and cake!! Thanks everyone for your advice. Looking forward to move to clearer air and meeting all of you! Sorry kwok, if only i saw your post earlier. inernet was down and it has been such a pain logging into anything!

cckwok is offline Registered User
    Hi mummybee,
    Welcome to TKO! Keep in touch and see you when you settle down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast