Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Maclaren strollers

Coco is offline Registered User

Maclaren strollers

Hi mums, I'm looking to buy a Maclaren stroller. What are your experiences with this stroller and which one is better ? I believe they have Trimph, Techno XT, Volvo etc ? Is this a good stroller to get ?

jools is offline Registered User
    With three children we have two Maclaren strollers, a triumph and a techno classic. Although the techno classic is slightly larger, I find it much more manoeverable and lighter to steer. I think that the ride is more comfortable as well, since there is suspension on the classic which is not on the triumph.
    I hope that helps.

Jools

kashismum is offline Registered User
    We have a triumph - at the time I bought it, I think it was the lightest. At 6 months, our LO was a little small for it. It's OK now, although she slumps a lot and sleeping looks not too comfortable (no padding). The brakes are difficult to operate and opening and closing is not so easy one-handed, either. That said, it is very lightweight, so you make a choice based on your priority.

Babar is offline Registered User
    I have the techno XT which is very easy to manoever and fairly light to carry. The hood can be extended which I find useful when baby is asleep. Another plus is that it can recline, so suitable for a newborn or a sleepy toddler.

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    Has anyone seen sale promotions for Maclaren lately? I'm interested in either Triumph or Techno.

I will be traveling to HK from China soon.

Neha is offline Banned
    mothercare has a sale and if u have american express then u get 15% I am not sure if it includes strollers u can call and check

SyL
    SyL is offline Registered User
    Thank you, Neha! Will call.

hkaussie is offline Registered User
    I have the triumph and have been happy with it. It's just so light, and for us that is the most important feature, since I do a great deal of travel on public transport and walking round the city where you have to carry up and down stairs etc.

I find it great to close and open one handed actually! Personally I wouldn't consider any stroller that is heavier, but that's just me.

The downsides are that the brakes are hopeless, and there is very little room in the basket underneath. It is also not as comfortable as some others for sleeping in, like a previous poster said. My son has never complained and always sleeps fine in the stroller, but it does LOOK uncomfortable!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast