Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Help! Should I get a separate insurance just for maternity?

bornandbredhk is offline Registered User

Allianz

Hi there, I have Allianz and the 10 month waiting period is for claiming.. hence you can fall pregnant 2 months after you enrol and claim for the birth... (given you have a normally termed pregnancy). They will not cover your antenatal check-ups etc until you have been with them for 10 months. Hope that clarifies.

sky123 is offline Registered User

I have just joined Allianz too (I was with another insurance company which only paid out 80% up to around HK$70,000). But I have noticed that Allianz's premium for 2007 has just gone up substantially. Anyone else notice that? I guess I shall have to start trying maybe in 6 months and hope to get pregnant within a few months - to avoid paying 3 years' premium.

Query is offline Registered User

I was on Alliance's website the a couple of weeks ago and noticed that the premium payable for Hong Kong has gone up by about 50%. The premiems payable for the other countries do not appear to have gone up that much. I wonder if this is because the medical fees in Hong Kong are notoriously higher than other countries.

AnitaC is offline Banned

I am afraid so. Other insurers like GlobalHealth and William Russell have also raised their premiums dramatically. I would have to say we are unlucky!

rani is offline Administrator

It's renewal time for us and just checked the William Russell premiums....YIKES! Have been doing a bit of research and Health International looks pretty attractive. The pay up to US$25K for pregnancy and maternity (Premium Plan) and William Russell only pay up to $10K (Gold plan) and the premiums are more or less the same. Anyone signed up with Health Int'l?

More info here on their different plans

http://healthcareinternational.com/p...comparison.pdf

Cici is offline Registered User

RANI
    can you tell me what your premium is at healthcareinternational and did you deal with a broker in Hong kong or directly with them?. I need to renew my medical insurance, but the price for allianz renewal is crazy!
    thnks Cici

rani is offline Administrator

Cici,

My annual premium is US$1400 for the premium plan with a $1000 deductible. I dealt directly with them via email. Fairly easy. However, I haven't submitted a claim this past year so I can't comment on their service.

HTH

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12