Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

twin strollers -recommendations pls

RebeccaMB is offline Registered User

twin strollers -recommendations pls

We're getting closer to our dates, and am now wondering whether we need a double stroller or not (we're expecting twins in Jan/Feb). We don't live in town (we're in the NT), although our drs are in central. We already have a single Graco and had thought I would just buy a sling too...

Does anyone have recommendations for twin strollers that they're happy with? I can have soemthing brought from the US, so being restricted to B2B or MCare is not an issue.

What do you recommend or use?

KatBoo is offline Registered User
    Hi rebecca. I'm expecting twins in June, so haven't yet purchased stroller, but I have been doing some research.

I have signed up to the UK Twins and Multiple Births Ass (TAMBA) and they have just produced a stroller-guide for multiples. If you PM me your email address I can send you it.

Kat

RebeccaMB is offline Registered User
    Kat, thx for your message. Congrats on your upcoming arrivals. We had our twins at the beginning of Jan and have recently bought the MACLAREN TWIN TECHNO ... pretty happy with it ... tried the other one MCare carries (big & red), but found it FAR TOO heavy to lift, and very VERY difficult to manuver when folded (I couldn't even fit it into the boot of our car - it was sooo big!) ... the maclaren is much smaller when folded. Still heavy tho at soemthing like 13 or 14kg ... ... seems not likely to find a "light" twin stroller ... at least not one you can use from birth up ...
    Good luck in your search too!!

baby names is offline Banned
    A stroller may be the most comfortable solution. Side by side strollers can be very nice because they are easier to maneuver and you don't have one baby blocking the view of another - you don't want to end up with a situation where both refuse to sit in the back (when they grow a bit of course).

curlybaby is offline Registered User
    Ok I know this is coming a year too late, but it might benefit to other expecting moms: I just found a great stroller! The brand is called "Bebe Confort", and it's from Switzerland. I thought I would'nt be able to find it in Hong Kong, but there is a retailer! Anyways, back to the stroller: it's a tandem, but normal sized stroller (76cm length) and it's made to find 2 car seats when they are newborns, then normal seats when they grow up. And you can turn the seats anyway you like. I'm soo getting this one. All the other ones are just too bulky.

For those interested, it's called "Twin Techno" and the website is www.bebe-confort.com (then click on Welcome - International). Hope it helped!

curlybaby is offline Registered User
    Sorry, it's called Twin Club, not Techno.

MommyTo3 is offline Registered User
    I have twins and I had several strollers, all bought in the US since we lived there, but I don't think there is a perfect twin stroller and definitely not a suitable one for Hong Kong. I use my MacLaren most, also for the car and travelling, seats recline well so it's easy to use for smaller kids.

Please note that MOMS in HK organizes Pregnant Mommy lunches and many activities for (future) twin mommies. I am a committee member, so please pm me if you want more information. It's great to have other new twin mommies to talk to!

http://moms-hongkong.com/

sarahkatie is offline Registered User

Twin strollers / pushchairs + lifts

I am expecting twins in May 2010, and trying to do some research into pushchairs. At the moment it's hard (impossible?!) to find any that are right. The tandems are too long to fit in our lift, and the doubles are too wide. Our front door is also quite narrow...any advice?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast