Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

A horrible toddlers gym

shri is offline Administrator

Responses from hkbabychat:

Thanks everyone for reading my long story. Thanks for your responses and your encouragement too. Personally, I believe in training a child to behave, to wait for her turn, to ask for things. In these the formative years what we teach them do impact them for life. Thanks to all who subscribe to the same belief.

As for the management response from JWT… That day when I left JWT, I was in total shock, and feared for my safety, as well as for my little one. So asking for a management response was the last thing on my mind. Although by staying silent, the management was in agreement with the boy’s parents.

In the afternoon, my husband went to JWT and confronted the main instructor. The instructor kept playing down the "parents confrontation" bit and kept questioning "Are you sure it was a deliberate kick? Maybe the boy just tripped... er... twice?"

Clearly JWT didn’t want to respond either to the boy kicking my girl, nor to the boy’s parents harassing me. The former they questioned its existence, the latter they justified.

I’ve been to a number of playgroups including Gymboree which is very similar in nature. You know, what I found was this. Everywhere there are ground rules. Honestly, even in the public playground, children and their parents / nannies queue up for the slides and swings. It’s not evident that JWT had any of those ground rules. When something goes wrong, it will really depend on your luck whether you get any protection from JWT.
    and

Thank you Mr Lau. You keep saying I disciplined the boy when all I’d done was saying that he was naughty once after he’d kicked my girl 3-4 times. You keep saying that I’d done wrongly. But you completely brushed aside the incident when the boy’s parents tried to "discipline" me. You even took their side and joined in the criticism. You started your line with criticising me without any clue of what had happened during class. When the boy’s father verbally threw me out of the premises you remained silent. I thought you were the Managing Director…?

I’m glad you admit that you have no control over maids and parents. This I totally agree with. It was evident throughout the class that it was the maids who were jumping queues and barging in to snatch toys!

Thank you for your offer of another trial class. One visit to JWT is enough to put us off for a lifetime

shri is offline Administrator

I consider this issue closed.

The original poster and JWT have had their say. I really do not wish to open this up to any more "he said / she said" type posts.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12