Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

English Language Centre

nsh
    nsh is offline Registered User

English Language Centre

Hi to all Mothers out there,
    I'll like to hear from any of you if you might have a good recommendation for an English Language Centre. I have a 6 year old who is currently a beginner reader. She is frustrated with her progress and I would like to look for a good tutor/english centre that is able to help her be more confident in her reading/writing. As a mother, I find it hard to help her in her school work as she does not see me in that role. She seeks me out for comfort and all else .. if that makes sense.
    Thanks so much..

funnychamp is offline Registered User
    I don't know where to find toddler's English tutor, but we used to use the books with pictures and puzzles.

run4fun is offline Registered User
    There are plenty out there. Where do you live? You might want one that's close by. I am more familiar with those around Causeway Bay. Little Dynamite is very good. I heard lots of good feedbacks from my friends. Kinder U also has a Reading Program, but I personally find them very commercialized. Hilltots at Tai Hang Road also has a Reading program. They have a regular program and a National Geographic Reading Program. Excellent program. Check it out at:(http://www.ngschoolpub.org/c/@LG6WzW...ges/WOLLLV.web) Sorry, I can't remember the website of Little Dynamite or Kinder U, but you can find their ads in preshool /educational magazines while you visit Mac Donald next time.
    The website for Hilltots is: www.hkppa.org

Quote Originally Posted by nsh View Post
    Hi to all Mothers out there,
    I'll like to hear from any of you if you might have a good recommendation for an English Language Centre. I have a 6 year old who is currently a beginner reader. She is frustrated with her progress and I would like to look for a good tutor/english centre that is able to help her be more confident in her reading/writing. As a mother, I find it hard to help her in her school work as she does not see me in that role. She seeks me out for comfort and all else .. if that makes sense.
    Thanks so much..

Miguelito is offline Registered User
    Agree on the overall opinion of Kinder U, highly focused on making money. Plus, I've received reports from some of their staff that they overwork their teachers so that doesn't make for a very caring environment for kids.

Opinion on Little Dynamites is mixed as some of the teachers can be flaky and uncaring, but what might be helpful is if some people could post which are the good and not-so-good teachers.

ESF Educational Services is one of the most reputable and popular of English programs and probably worth checking out. I've gotten some decent reviews from other parents about them.

Miguelito

creaturecomfort is offline Registered User
    No kid likes being taught by their parents but you'll both have to get used to it - there's a lot of homework comin' up real soon...

If your desperate why don't you try to swap with another school Mum? Not really that many secrets in learning to read.