Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Baby Hair

bbvv is offline Registered User

Baby Hair

Has anyone shaved their baby's hair for a fuller and thicker hair? It's pretty a chinese thing.

I'm kind of skeptical about this as both me and my husband has thick hair and we did not have it all shaved as a baby.

Just want to hear of any experiences.

joannek is offline Registered User
    my baby came out with quite black & strong hair. we shaved her head at one month. her hair is nice & soft & chestnut color (we're chinese, my hair was chestnut & soft like hers when I was around 2 yr old, my mom said) she's now 22 mths old and shoulder length.

Rosanna is offline Registered User
    We haven't yet but will be doing it.(we are Indians) In our end we too shave off baby's hair. I and my husband both got our hair shaved when we were babies. We get the hair shaved when the baby is around 9 months. Some customs :-)
    Rosanna & Aditya

Neha is offline Banned
    We shave baby boys hair in 3rd May of baby existence and girls hair any time after 12 months. Customs and traditions

sophwillsmum is offline Registered User
    I don't know about the cultural side of things but my Australian MIL was adamant that keeping a childs hair short would mean it would grow in to thick adult hair. i have asked many hairdressers as I always believed it had more to due with genetics than anything else. Every hairdresser agreed that cutting the hair made no difference. One even went so far as to observe that if cutting our hair made it thicker, by the time we reached adulthood our hair would be so thick that it would be ridiculously unmanageable.

bbvv is offline Registered User
    Decided not to shave the whole head in the end just some ends as some areas were longer than others. I think natural growing baby hair look so cute.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    My baby has quite a lot of hair. Everybody comments on it and it makes him look a lot older than he is. Its so cute I really couldn't do it.

mscheerful is offline Registered User
    my 5 months old boy has lots of hair. At 4 months old, i brought him to my hairstylist for a hair cut (after everyone on the street call him little girl or the chinese said 'mui-mui'. He looks so mature too and now very 'staylish', like a toddler!! No bald head please!