Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Disney Land

capital is offline Banned

Disney Land

Has anyone been to the Hong Kong Disneyland? I see that you can go at peak days, regular days or special days. Is there any difference, other than presumably it is more crowded on the peak and special days? I see that the peak and special days cost more, so was wondering if there is any advantage to going those days? I can't see any from the website. Maybe I am missing something? I want to go when it is less crowded.

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User
    Peak days and special days will be alot busier as these are usually bank holidays, xmas, new year etc. Can't see any advantage to going during peak times.

We have been twice once in May when it was very quiet, no waiting times, not very crowded. I have also been in August and it was horrendos - so busy, only got on a couple of rides as spent the whole time queing. If you can go in the weak when it is not school holidays.

val23 is offline Registered User

Disneyland

I went there 2 saturdays ago and there were very few people. But since Christmas is nearing I presume that there would be a lot more people now. Maybe you can go in January instead.

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    I went in early Dec. last year. We got a room at the Disney hotel, arrived early & dropped our bags w/ the luggage people & bought the tickets from the concierge. Took the hotel's shuttle bus to Disney and were among the first to enter. Weather was good & it wasn't too crowded. Played several games several times & went back to the hotel at about 2:30 to check-in and do some resting. Went back to the park at about 5pm to watch the tree lighting & then played more games 'til the fireworks. Then ate in a restaurant at the park and went back to the hotel.

It was a great day. I was really glad that we got the hotel for resting in the middle of the experience and for going back to after the fireworks and dinner.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    My daughter and I go to Disneyland at least once a month since April. My husband sometimes will take her there on Saturday or Sunday so that I can have some quiet time :) We took visiting family and friends there. We stayed at the Disneyland hotel....Overall, I think we go to Disneyland at least twice a month. However, we didn't spend a lot of money on the tickets as we bought the summer pass and now the annual pass. If you plan to go there often, I think it is more worth it to buy the pass. Besides, we don't feel stress of having to do a lot. Usually, if I take my daughter there myself, I will just spend a few hours. Do one or two rides, watch one or two shows, watch the parade and bye bye!

My daughter really like going to Disneyland. Even though we have to take 20 min MTR but it is such a children friendly place with so many things to see. The staffs are friendly, great baby changing room, ok food and non-smoking at most of the places! The downside of course is some of the rides take forever to wait which is not suitable for young children (not fun for adults too!)

I am hoping that they will have a children friendly outdoor and indoor playarea with different Disney characters slides/climbing frame/swings/sandpit... with trees and grass area to sit and picnic, a bit like the playground at the Disneyland hotel. Best of all, if they can have a nice cafe/restaurant next to the playground so that the parents can have a nice cafe latte in a nice environment while the children have fun! No more lining up for 30 min for a 2 min ride, under hot sun...Just one big big lovely Disney style playarea (indoor and outdoor!!!) for kids to run around! Of course, it would be nicer if some of the Disney characters can go around the playarea to say hi to the children!! May be they can have a "drop the children" service too? So that the parents can enjoy some rides without children?? May be a playgroup kind of thing where there are teachers telling Disney stories, sing Disney songs, make art and craft... May be a mini cinema showing Disney cartoons (bigger than the TV room at Disneyland Hotel check in counter)???

I know I am dreaming, but it is always good to have some hopes..

capital is offline Banned
    Do you think it would be less busy the week before chinese new year, or the second week after the new year. The first week of new year I will avoid for sure as those are all peak days.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Disneyland is always busy :)

If I go on Monday (eg 2 weeks ago), I need to queue for 20 to 30 min to get on the Winnie the Pooh ride. If I go on Sunday (eg. last Sunday) we only queue for 5 min.

However, CNY might be different so I am not sure when is the best time to go. If I am you, I will go when it is the best time for me and my family :)

These are some of my "tips" that I would like to share with you:

Try to get there early, like, 9.45am.
    Buy the tickets at Central MTR station (it's faster than queueing up at the Gate)
    Go straight to get fast pass.
    Go on early shows
    Have lunch/dinner earlier
    Use busy lunch/dinner hour to go on rides
    Some rides are quite nice in the evening like the Carousel, River cruise, Dumbo, etc and less time for queueing up.
    It is faster for single rider to go on Space Mountain (less than one min wait)
    It's faster to walk from Disneyland Hotel to the Park (if you don't have much to carry) and it is a quiet and beautiful walk and puschair friendly. If you take shuttle bus, you still have to walk from the bus station to the Park with lots of people and smoking people!
    Buffet at the Disneyland hotel is very very children friendly. The first time we took our daughter there was when she was 15 months old and she loved it very much! Disney characters will be there at breakfasts, dinner buffets or lunch on weekends.
    Dim Sum at the Disneyland Hotel is the best dim sum I ever had and the service is fantastic! However, it is not cheap either. E.g. 3 adults with the usual hakau, siumai, charsiupao, siulongpao, taro puff and another dish costed about HKD 500.

I wish you will have a magical day at HK Disneyland...hahaha...

Matthew Cheung is offline Registered User
    My family been there on 27 December (special day price). This was our second time been to DL and everything is the same as last year except for the Autocar the newwest game and good fun for family. Use the "Fast Pass" service if you do not want to queue particularly for Winnie the Poh.

Have Fun!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast