Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Looking urgently for a new indonesian full time domestic helper

pearldots is offline Registered User

Looking urgently for a new indonesian full time domestic helper

Hi everyone,

i am looking for an indonesian helper....who is good in cooking indian,chinese food and in looking after children...

she also should be able to speak cantonese....

does anyone have any such helper,and you dont need her anymore for any reasons...please let me know...

cwmom Guest
    Hi Pearldots,

I don't know if you've seen my thread today regarding my domestic helper.

Would you be interested in trying her out or meeting her?

She's a brilliant cook. She cooks excellent Chinese food. Not sure about Indian, but she can cook some really nice Indonesian curry.

Her Cantonese - well, she's never had to speak it in Indonesia but she's learnt it at the training centre and even I'm amazed at how fast she's picked up.

Don't be put off by me saying that I need a more experienced helper. I'm a bit fussy. My baby was born prematurely so I really, really fuss over her.

My Indonesian helper has her own kids so she knows how to take care of children. She is very patient with my daughter too.... but it's just all those little things like I want her to already know how to do things from one end to another... like for example, this is how you should wash her hair or cut her nails etc.. I have no time to show her... but as with housework and babycare, once you show her, she will do it very well..... I just don't have time being a full time working mother and I cannot monitor her.

Someone with 10 years experience in HK will already know things like, coloured clothes have to be separated from whites etc. My Indo had to be taught but has followed all my instructions since. I just don't have time to teach.

If you do, she will be excellent. She's hardworking and really obedient....

Please have a read of my thread below....

#1 Today, 06:39 PM
    cwmom
    Registered User Join Date: Dec 2006

Anyone interested in my domestic helper?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a very good Indonesian domestic helper.

These are her qualities:-

- She is very pleasant and obedient
    - She's an excellent cook (she cooks excellent Chinese meals + soup)
    - It's her first time in HK so she needs to be shown how to do things but once shown, she does an excellent job. She tries very hard and always gives her best
    - She is patient and kind to everyone.
    - For a first timer in HK, she speaks above average English
    - She's worked in Spore for 2 years before us - caring for 3 children
    - She has 3 children of her own

Despite these, however, I have decided not to keep her. She's worked with me for a month and I feel that I need someone who is more experienced in toddler care. I am a working mother and needs someone I do not have to teach (I couldn't even take more than a day off to train her when she started) and I need someone who's more able to help me with my toddler's education.

My helper, however, has done NO WRONG.

I am keen on finding her a very good employer who will love her and accept her for who she is.

She will need to return to Indonesia and her visa takes approximately 2 months to approve. If urgent, It can be faster, like 1.5 months.

I've given her one month's notice so we have more time to look for an employer for her.

If interested, please call me on: 6103 9631 or send me a private message.

Thank you.

cwmom
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to cwmom
    Find all posts by cwmom
    Add cwmom to Your Buddy List

#2 Today, 07:29 PM
    cwmom
    Registered User Join Date: Dec 2006

Hi and thanks to those who have called and expressed an interest :-)

To be fair to my helper, she is very patient and gentle with my daughter and she has three of her own.

It's just that I fuss over my little girl so need someone who's more like me.

thanks cwmom....

dear cwmom,

ofcourse i had a look already at your post ....

my only problem is time.....i need her to join me in by mid jan...or latest jan end....

how old is your helper?what abour her kids ,who looks after them?i am asking all this because i have had a helper before ,who was not happy to be away from her kids?her kid was quite small!!

i read in your post that she must go back to indonesia...which is very time consuming process....i have yet to know some procedure where by... your helper can join me sooner...hav any ideas...plus if at all i have to sign her...i would like to do it through some agency..(i know some with very reasonable charges)....may be they have ideas how to bring her about faster to join me...

what does she think,is she ready to sign through an agency?

let me know,

cwmom Guest
    Pearldots,

With the dates, I think you can talk to my employment agency. Ask for Kathy tel: 2638 8248. Coz if you sign her now, they will count 2 months from now. so it will be mid February. However, if you write to immigration and tell them it's urgent, they will usually process it quicker and I think end of January would be okay. Is this how it works? Correct me, somebody if this is not correct.

If you are interested, feel free to interview her or try her out for a day or two? This is the best way to decide whether or not someone is suitable for you.

I too hope that she'll be able to find a suitable one and not having to change anymore because she's been trying so hard... and I know it's my fault for putting her in this situation.

I've spoken to her about her kids too. She says that her mother in law and husband will look after her kids. While she misses them, she says that she is their future.

I would suggest using my agency, simply because on her day off, she usually goes back to the dormitories there. Firstly, she reports to the agency and the agnecy will call me (employers) to ask if there are anything she needs to improve on so that they can train. If none, she goes straight to their dormitories and to her circle of friends. And then she comes back automatically at 9pm on Sunday (I have not set this curfew, she just does it).

cwmom Guest
    Sorry, her age: 30 with three kids, the youngest is 4. The two are in their teens, I think (I'm not sure).

cwmom

let me talk to my hubby about her......and i have noted down your number...(.and the agency's number.)....if interested .....i might call u up later in the evening....(i am in office now).....and set up a date for an interview with her......i will have to see her then to further make a final decision...

momo is offline Registered User
    Which employment agency is good for Indonesian domestic helper? I know there are some agency where the owner vet the potential helpers before putting them in the market but I believe they are only for Fillipino helpers.