Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

ooooch !

joannek is offline Registered User
    yes, coco. wee kean is right. it is quite lonely to be nursing a toddler. esp if your friends did bf, for maybe 3mths or 6 mths. & you're the only one is still nursing at 11mth. then you're the only one who's still nursing at 15mth, 18mth & 2 years. then your friends (who have bf-ed) see that you still have big boobs & say "you're STILL bfing your baby?! she's too old too be bfing!! YOU SHOULD stop!! if not she'll be very clingy!!" then you second thought yourself... and you become a little sad about your decision to continue this relationship, although it makes you & your baby happy, plus your husband is very supportive.....
    and that's when WE come in!!! or the leaders of LLL. call them or post a thread & we talk to you, or go home & read the books about mothers who continue to nurse beyond 1 yr old.... and you feel good about your decision again.

this is my story.

LLL_Sarah is offline Registered User
    You may in interested in the following articles:

What Should I Do If My Baby Bites Me?
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/FAQ/bite.html

and

If Your Baby Bites
    http://www.lalecheleague.org/NB/NBMarApr99p36.html

Best wishes,
    SARAH

Coco is offline Registered User
    After the biting incident, we were in Mongkok two days later and I tried to bf bubba and accidently hit her in the face whilst lifting my top up, so bubba went into a crying fit and I suspect that she thinks I hit her. So, she wouldn't bf that day - plus the two days after that, everytime I brought her near to my breast, she just yelled and cried. I nursed her a few times during the past 2 days whilst she was half asleep. I read some of the lll articles, and tried taking a bath together to encourage more skin to skin contact. She bf again this morning, but was in hysterics again at the 11 o'clock feed. it's getting really trying now and I think if she doesn't continue to feed then I will lose my milk all together, although I am expressing, but it seems to be getting less and less..........

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Joannek, you are right, that was my story too :)

Coco, is your baby better now? Have you spoken/email Sarah or Maggie? I hope everything is ok soon. If you need someone to talk to, feel free to email me or call me.

My email is [email protected] and I will pm you my mobile number. I have no access to hotmail account today and may be many more days due to the earth quake.

Best regards,
    Wee Kean

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    For some unknown reasons, I couldn't pm you Coco. I will try again later.

Coco is offline Registered User
    Hi there, I don't know how to use the PM can someone let me know ?

joannek is offline Registered User
    go to the colume on the left of this page, you'll see "private Messaging" click on, & you'll be able to see your private messages (PM). if u wanna send a pm to someone, click onto her/his user name on the post & choose send private messaging

mummybee is offline Registered User
    Coco, i gave up breastfeeding when bub went through s a nursing strike at abt 10 months. I don't really know the cause of the strike, although she had a cold at that time (thus bf became uncomfortable for her) and the night before, she bit me during bf and I jumped and yelped out automatically which must have scared her 'cos she cried and cried. Thereafter she stopped breastfeeding completely, no matter what I did to coax her back on my breast. She would cry hysterically whenever she saw my breasts. I tried tha bath and body contact method, the feed-when-she-was-half-asleep method, I even called my midwife in Australia to get suggestions but nothing worked. In the end, I decided to wean her, and she was happy with the bottle. I did feel sad that that was the end of breastfeeding and I, the mother, was most unready for it. In hindsight, it wasn't such a bad thing afterall. She is perfectly ok with bottle feeding, and in fact gained more weight than when I was breastfeeding (I suspected I didn't have enough milk to satisfy her at her age), and I went back on a normal diet myself (I was in a restricted pure chicken diet for 8 months 'cos of my bub was "allergic" to proteins in my breastmilk). I may be the unpopular mum here but if YOU, the mohter, feels ready to stop breastfeeding, it is ok to stop. You will naturally feel guilty but try to tell yourself not to as you have breastfed your bub for 11 months afterall, not bad at all! Good luck...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Scroll to top