Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Heaters

jaetee is offline Registered User

Heaters

With the recent cooler weather, we have been using a ceramic heater / blows warm air, but we have noticed it gets very dry in the room and we are afraid it will be too dry for the baby.

Any suggestions for another type of heater, or should we just put a basin of water in the room?

Thanks.

joannek is offline Registered User
    we use a vaporiser. it really helps.

Thanks - alas the room is not very big so no space for the humidifier/vaporiser without it getting in the way. Any other suggestions - would a basin of water work, or should we switch to another type of heater?

Thanks.

joannek is offline Registered User
    hm... there is a very tiny vaporiser in the market, take a look at fortress or broadway. as small as the size of a man's palm, and as tall. all heater are drying, the ceramic ones are already not as dry.

Thanks Joanne, I will check it out. Is it hard to prevent bacteria and mold from growing in the vaporiser - I have heard this can be a problem.

Thanks again.

Wee Kean is offline Registered User
    Last year I just put a small bowl of water in my daughter's bedroom.

We also put "Timer" on the heater to blow for one hour only or turned it off 30 min after she slept. We also turned on the heater 30 min before my daughter's sleep time.

This year we just bought an electric underblanket but we only let her sleep on it in the afternoon. Again, we turned on the blanket 30 min before and turned it off 30 min after she slept. It doesn't have timer on unfortunately.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    We bought a small humidifyer from fortress for $290.

Wing On sells a ceramicl heater with humidifyer function. It's small so only good for bedrooms.

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    IMPORTANT NOTE about electric underblanket:

I think it was 2 or 3 weeks ago, the consumer council (or was it another govt dept?) tested a number electric underblanket and a lot failed the safety test. Mostly failed because they were way too hot. The ones from China (as usual) were labeled dangerous while there was a German brand that also failed the test. Didn't catch the name of the brands but if you are using one of those underblankets, make sure you unplug them before you sleep on them and always check if it is too hot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast