Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

My baby often cry at night

Manfulli is offline Registered User

My baby often cry at night

My baby, 10 months old, often cry these two weeks at night. Before he slept at 9pm and woke up at 7am. But now he cry at 11pm, 1am, 2am, 4am and 6am. Why? how to calm down him? what is going on with him?

mother of 2 is offline Registered User
    Mine is the same and she is 2 years old!!

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Mine is 10 months also and used to sleep thru the night 7pm -7am. But since cutting teeth from her 8th month, sleep has been erratic, meaning when no teeth are trying to come out, would sleep soundly till morning, but when a tooth is about to cut thru, she would wake up a couple of times a night (Like last night for instance). She also gets cranky and sometimes refuses her bottle when teeth are cutting thru. Your baby teething? Is that why?

Manfulli is offline Registered User

Yes

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaY
    Mine is 10 months also and used to sleep thru the night 7pm -7am. But since cutting teeth from her 8th month, sleep has been erratic, meaning when no teeth are trying to come out, would sleep soundly till morning, but when a tooth is about to cut thru, she would wake up a couple of times a night (Like last night for instance). She also gets cranky and sometimes refuses her bottle when teeth are cutting thru. Your baby teething? Is that why?
    Yes, he is teething now.

Sara is offline Registered User
    The same happened to my son when he was teething. I used to touch his gums to see whether a tooth was coming through. He usually screamed when I touched the right spot. I then gave him a dose of Tylenol, and he would bemore or less fine all night. And very often that tooth would be through in the morning...

My son had his first tooth through at the age of 10 weeks, but his last ones didn't come until he was about 2. So, mother of 2, your 2-year-old could still be teething?

mummybee is offline Registered User
    yeah my baby used to wake and cry several times a night when she was abt the same age, Manfulli, and it turned out to be teething. The crying episodes will pass soon. The worst seems to be the first two teeth breaking through, and then the first molars coming through, about 16 months for my daughter (which is now!). I tried medication and teething gels but she hates the teething gels. All I did was to pick her up from her cot, comforted her by patting her bum and back till she calmed down and slept, then put her back to her cot until the next cry. I remembered it was a terrible time for me as I was sleep deprieved. Hang in there...