Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cord blood banking

RHCP is offline Registered User

Cord blood banking

Hello, everybody,

Anyone joined cord blood banking program? Should I need to have a visit of thier laboratories? How much is it? Which company you choosed and Why?

Thanks!

kerkermui is offline Registered User
    Hi,
    I am planning to join Cryolife. Actually, there are 3 private banking facility in HK. But you may join the one in UK if you planned to deliver in Matilda. For those in HK, it's around HK$27-30k for the 18-year storage plan.

I think you can visit their web site first.. to understand the difference of them.. and if you still have questions.. you may ask their customer service personnel. A lab visit may help you to understand more about their operation.

as I have some science background.. I believe that the potential use of stem cells will be more diverse, and not limited to blood related disease. Storage in more than one unit is my major reason for choosing cryolife.

well.. the other 2 facilities are from singapore and taiwan.

Helina is offline Registered User
    agree.
    i've just visited the lab of three companies in hk, it's better for you to take a look, as you can see those facilities they used as well as the environment.

my Dr suggests me to make decision after 30 weeks of pregnancy, so i pick the one in Science Park, called Healthbaby, and my Dr agrees that they have the advanced technology

handcream is offline Registered User
    Kerkermui,

Cryolife is not a good company. Their mothercompany already changed the nature from Biotechnology to Mineral sources. It is not professional in biotechnology. Just remind you do not choose it and read more information about the cord blood banks' company background. You can have a look on smartcell, Healthbaby and cordlife first. Although I still not choose which one, I am sure I will not choose that one.

joannek is offline Registered User
    i chose cordblood.com. it's one of the most well established ones in the US - more than 10yrs establishment. very good service, 24hr collection. prices are more or less the same for all of them.

joannek,

cordblood.com??? What comany is it? You already stored your cordblood in the US? How you can do it? Did you deliver in Hong Kong or US? And how much is it? Sorry too many questions... But I really want to get more information... thank you

joannek is offline Registered User
    go to www.cordblood.com, send them an email request & someone will get back to you & tell you what to do.

yes, my child's cordbloood is stored in the US. i forgot how much it is, i think it is about HK$15,000 for the first time & then several hundred HK$ for a year.

once u've decided to use them, they'll send you a service pack, including the set for collecting the blood. you'll tell you ob in advance that you'll collect cordblood & bring the pack with you to the hospital upon check-in. once you've checked-in the hospital, you'll inform the courier service (cordblood reg 'll tell you which one to use) to prepare for pick-up, once baby is born, the hosptal/your husband (i don't remember who, cos i was giving birth) will call the courier service & they'll come to the hospital to collect. i remember they were here when my baby was taking her 1st bath (so maybe 1 hr after delivery) to pick up the blood packet to get on the plane to US that night (my baby was born at 7pm). once they receive the blood they'll count the cells & email you confirmation.

joannek,

Thank you for your information. But the blood cell won't die for such long time delivery from HK to US? Anything can protect the blood? And how you know the status about the stored cord blood?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast