Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

holiday to thailand

shahirakk is offline Registered User

Smile holiday to thailand

any suggestions on where to go with hubby and 16 1/2 month old (finally walking!) son?? Want to go to Phuket/ similar - Really trying to figure out which hotel? So many packages.

Oh, want to go at the busiest time of year over chinese new year so any suggestions on where might be less crowded?

What about taking Domestic Helper? Is it necessary? we may just want a few quiet evenings on Valentines day and such. What are local babysitters like - once we've got our son to sleep, jsut need to trust the person we leave in charge.

Also, haven't used travel agents here - what are your experiences? Can you recommend a good one?

So many questions. Maybe we need a special forum just on travel - or have I missed it somehow?

Shahira KK

AndreaY is offline Registered User

If you are planning to have stopover, then there are many choices on packages for Phuket. But if you want non-stop flight from Hong Kong to Phuket, Thai Air only does 1 flight a week and Dragon Air just resumed their once a day flight. Check Dragon Air Holiday, they are doing a Phuket Easy package for over the Chinese New Year.

Bear Lau is offline Registered User

Just came back from Phuket for Christmas. We stayed in a villa at Marriott, my LO(9 months) and us love it. They have three swimming pools and a playroom for kids. The only consideration is that it is far away form the town (40 mins drive).
    I did bring my nanny, never have experience with local caretaker.

Bear Lau:

rani is offline Administrator

The travel forum is on Geoexpat.

http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/forum24.html

We love going to Phuket too. We've stayed at the Allamanda in Laguna. I like having a little kitchen to warm things up for breakfast/snack time. We've never taken our helper with us on holidays. I think she needs a break from us too.

In the evenings, we normally eat dinner early, and once D's in bed we either watch movies with the volume low or just catch up on our reading. I've never used the babysitting service.

Has anyone used a baby monitor in a hotel? Don't know if its true, but when D was a baby I heard of a couple who took their baby monitor with them on holiday and would eat dinner in the hotel restaurant while baby was asleep in the room.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

rani is offline Administrator

Another question is how do you babyproof a hotel room?

Founded GeoBaby in 2002