Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Serviced Apartments with Baby?

beautifulday is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by Ali71 View Post
    Hi, I moved here in May this year with my 14 month old, who was not walking/crawling. We stayed in a 1 bed serviced apartment in the Four Seasons (couldn't afford a 2 bed). The Four Seasons is very handily located for Central but I would absolutely NOT RECOMMEND living in Central with a child. There are no playgrounds, there are steps everywhere - you can't push a pushchair. You hardly ever see toddlers there, you won't meet people, it is too busy to move around - particularly a problem when it's really hot or rains. We have just moved to the Repulse Bay complex and it's a different life - my little one has so many friends to play with, there are 2 playgrounds, indoor playroom, pools, lots of helpers, supermarket all in the complex which you can use if in the serviced apartments in De Ricou. There's also the beach, Stanley, Ocean Park, cooler weather, slightly better pollution...etc of the Southside. Everyone I know with little ones who didn't stay in De Ricou when they first got to HK (ie they went to Parkview, Central or Pacific Place) wishes they had stayed there. It's a fantastic place to meet other families moving here too. (I have no connection with De Ricou by the way other than being in the same complex). It might make your husbands 'commute' a bit longer but they will be working long hours I bet. The only thing is De Ricou is expensive, but then so are all the serviced apartments I have heard about. I'm afraid I haven't heard about any apartments in Pokfulam.
    Good luck, see you in the playground!
    Yes it sounds like the perfect place. The onlu problem is that its so far from where my husband works. We have considered Gold Cpast residence services apartments but Im waiting to hear more about it.

vivian2007 is offline Registered User

Do they normally provide a cot to the family in RepulseBay apartment?

Hi , I am just wondering wether they provide a cot to the family in RupulseBay apartment?

capital is offline Banned
    We've rented a serviced apartment for Feb in the GOLd Coast. We've stayed ther before and like it. It is quiter, lots of playgrounds, hardly any traffic in the complex. The grocery store has lots of western food., but it may be a bit far. They do have shuttle bus to HK island though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12