Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Serviced Apartments with Baby?

snagito is offline Registered User

Serviced Apartments with Baby?

Greetings! This is my first post.

We are looking for a serviced apartment of a decent size to stay in with our baby (1 year old) for two weeks -- last week of January and first week of February. It would need to be two bedrooms and have a baby cot, I suppose this might be impossible but I thought worth asking in any case..

My husband will be working in IFC but doesn't mind commuting from anywhere as it's a short time. The idea is for the family to check out Hong Kong and potential places to live (moving in April this year). After reading through the forum I think Pokfulam area sounds good but I realise that it's difficult to have a clue till we are there in person!

I would be grateful for any suggestions please - so happy that I found this forum and wish you all a Happy 2007!

rani is offline Administrator

Welcome to HK!

A bit pricey, but right next to IFC is the Four Seasons Hotel and they do extended packages.

http://www.fourseasons.com/hongkong

There's also Pacific Place Apartments in Admiralty a bit further away is HK Parkview

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

ontheroad is offline Registered User

I really liked DE RICOU, at Repulse Bay, they have a shuttle that goes into Central via Wanchai and Admiralty every day, and it's great for families : really practical: there is a supermarket, drycleaner, doctors (+pediatrician), dentist, café, shops, restaurants, and daycare right in the same complex.
    They also have an indoor pool and a gym, and a little indoor playground just for the little ones... and it's a great place to meet other families when you've just arrived and don't know anyone.
    And it's just a stone's throw from Stanley market, the beach, and you can walk your pram on the seaside promenade from RB to Deepwater Bay. It's in a complex with appartment buildings, so you know that if you like it, you can move there as well.
    http://www.therepulsebay.com/
    Should I add that there are plenty of teenagers on hand for babysitting????

Last edited by ontheroad; 01-05-2007 at 01:52 PM.

catywli is offline Registered User

Service Apartment with Baby & Playgroup

We are in similar situation. My husband will be relocated to HK in end of April this year. We are also looking for a service apartment to live in with our one year old baby for one to two months until we find a nice place for long stay.
    My husband will be working in Admiralty. Is there any suggestion for a one bedroom service apartment with baby cot provided. Our budget is around HK$20,000-$24,000.

Also, Is there any suggestion of English daycare center or playgroup?

carang is offline Registered User

daycare as you would know it is virtually non-existant in HK. most people employ full time live-in helpers to care for the children. there are a few gov't daycare centres around, but if you are not yet a HKID holder, i would doubt very highly that they would let you make use of this service.

there are playgroups around, but again until you move here, you probably won't be able to make use of them.

good luck!

beautifulday is offline Registered User

I'm also moving with a one year old and need some help on a services apartment?

beautifulday is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
    I really liked DE RICOU, at Repulse Bay, they have a shuttle that goes into Central via Wanchai and Admiralty every day, and it's great for families : really practical: there is a supermarket, drycleaner, doctors (+pediatrician), dentist, café, shops, restaurants, and daycare right in the same complex.
    They also have an indoor pool and a gym, and a little indoor playground just for the little ones... and it's a great place to meet other families when you've just arrived and don't know anyone.
    And it's just a stone's throw from Stanley market, the beach, and you can walk your pram on the seaside promenade from RB to Deepwater Bay. It's in a complex with appartment buildings, so you know that if you like it, you can move there as well.
    http://www.therepulsebay.com/
    Should I add that there are plenty of teenagers on hand for babysitting????
    This sounds like the perfect place but its so far from where my husband has to work...Sheko Shenzhen

Ali71 is offline Banned

just 'done' serviced apartment in Central

Hi, I moved here in May this year with my 14 month old, who was not walking/crawling. We stayed in a 1 bed serviced apartment in the Four Seasons (couldn't afford a 2 bed). The Four Seasons is very handily located for Central but I would absolutely NOT RECOMMEND living in Central with a child. There are no playgrounds, there are steps everywhere - you can't push a pushchair. You hardly ever see toddlers there, you won't meet people, it is too busy to move around - particularly a problem when it's really hot or rains. We have just moved to the Repulse Bay complex and it's a different life - my little one has so many friends to play with, there are 2 playgrounds, indoor playroom, pools, lots of helpers, supermarket all in the complex which you can use if in the serviced apartments in De Ricou. There's also the beach, Stanley, Ocean Park, cooler weather, slightly better pollution...etc of the Southside. Everyone I know with little ones who didn't stay in De Ricou when they first got to HK (ie they went to Parkview, Central or Pacific Place) wishes they had stayed there. It's a fantastic place to meet other families moving here too. (I have no connection with De Ricou by the way other than being in the same complex). It might make your husbands 'commute' a bit longer but they will be working long hours I bet. The only thing is De Ricou is expensive, but then so are all the serviced apartments I have heard about. I'm afraid I haven't heard about any apartments in Pokfulam.
    Good luck, see you in the playground!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast