Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

toddler bed

joannek is offline Registered User

toddler bed

considering changing 23 mth J to Toddler bed. if not now, probably soon. where can i find toddler beds, or should i just get a regular single bed? if i wanna buy sth that look more special, do i have to have it made? any suggestions?

how to move her? how do i keep her from getting off bed at bedtime? or in the middle of the night? what do you guys do? never occurred to me i have to move her so soon!! she seems so happy with her crib.... she even refused to sleep anywhere else other than her crib.....

rani is offline Administrator

Joanne,

Take a look at Ikea. They have extendable beds for toddlers which are great.
    They also sell guard rails, which for some reason I've never noticed in Causeway Bay but saw them in Shatin.

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

ctrbabe1 Guest

I was going to suggest the extendable IKEA beds as well. They do have them in Causeway Bay. I'm sorry I don't have any advice on how to transition because my dd hated sleeping in her crib and was very happy to move to her big girl bed. I believe she was about 18months old or 2 years when we moved her. Maybe, when you find the bed you like, take your dd w/ you to see the bed and try it out. Let her climb in it and tell her that since she's such a big girl now, that she gets a very special bed... you know, that sort of thing. After she's tried it out for awhile, or a couple of times, then bring it home. Let her watch you take down her crib and put up her bed so that she is part of the experience.

Mootje is offline Registered User

I am going to move my daughter from crib to bed soon. I suggest also to take a look at Ikea. For advice about changing from crib to toddlerbed you can take a look at www.parents.com.

kellyst is offline Registered User

how do you decide when to move them to a bed?

my daughter is 16mths, haven't complained about the crib yet, and i bought one of those cribs that are convertible, e.g. you can remove the bars on the side? do those work? has anyone use those before? but i'm interested to know how/when people convert

joannek is offline Registered User

sometimes people move when they have a second child coming, & it'll be better if the elder child is moved at leasy 2 or 3 months before the new one comes along, so the elder child doesn't feel like he's being replaced. for my case, i'm gonna wait til she out grows her bed, she still has a little room at the end of the bed. but if it starts to look uncomfortable, we'll move her. we always attend to her as soon as she calls out, so there shouldn't be any wory that she'll climb out.

so it depends on the size of your child & the size of your bed. and whether your child will be able to climb out of her/his crib & whether it's dangerous to do so?

some of my friends didn't move their child when they're 3 (which by then, they'll be able to climb out)