Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bugaboo - when to change from carry cot to seat

Marjaana is offline Registered User

Of course it's different if you have to use babycarrier/safety seat attached to your stroller only occationally. But if it turns out as daily habbit and we are talking about ours in a same position, it is no good for small children.

By the way, I'd like to tell you about the strollers they sell in Scandinavia. There's all the same models available than generally around the world (McClaren, Quinny, Peg Perego, Bogaboo, Chicco, lot of other....) But also great celection of other models (mainly Swedis made as is Grago), way better made. Not so many people buy those light, "toy like" stroller as we all call them. Or yes they do, they buy those as travel strollers they use when going for a holiday. Those light frames, bad insulations, lack of reflectors, poor wheels, no proper water proof etc. don't hit the markets in Scandinavia. Nor would they last long in conditions like that. Instead people are buying combi stroller that generally cost about $US 1000 and up. Some models are a bit cheaper. Designing these expensive product is big business because ordinary people want to use their money on quality. Health and safety issues are taken very seriously. It's quilaity that sells.

Many of you may ask right away, that if there are great products like that, why don't they sell them here. First of all, markets are different. Scandinavians value quality and are ready to spend money on expensive products. Stokke is Danish, Scandinavian, and as you know, many ordinary people may like their high chairs but are terrified of that price. That is propably one of the reasons Stokke has spred a bit slowly to other continets. However, scandinavians are also very considerable and don't buy products just like that. Definetly they don't want to buy 3 strollers even if they cost the same as one expensive one. They want one that is good and really beats those 3 together. The fact that you can get 3 new ones doesn't matter when you get one that is really good. Also no scandinavian style insulations are needed in a warm countries. Nor would these products be handy in big cities where you prefer something light and easy to fold.

My point here is, that stroller business in Scandinavian countries is really different compared to many othe countries. All the development work that they do over there is way over what they do in many other countries. I am 100% sure, that heath and safety issues in these products are well better considered than in anywhere else. Maybe in Germany they do as good. In Scandinavia buying a safe, healty and long lasting stroller is AS important as buying a proper safety seat. That is how seriously people shop their strollers. The light strollers in stock here can't compete and even Bogaboo looks a bit toy like compared to that real quality work.

Please, do not take this writing as I am putting other countries down or something. That is not my point. Each country and continet has their own specilaities, strollers happens to be one major in Scandinavia.

So just to add what's written above, back development issue is seriously taken under consideration in Scandinavia.

Mootje is offline Registered User

I used the Bugaboo for my daughter. You can change the carrier to seat from 6 months. But....use the seat only in the beginning for your baby to lay down! It is not good for the babies hips to sit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12