Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Caffeine

SoLong is offline Registered User

Caffeine

I understand that avoiding caffeine during pregnancy is good. But how much is ok to have? Are chocolates ok? I have decaf tea once during the day. I have read (on this forum itself) that some women had tea and coffee regularly when they were pregnant.

Its just that, since I am intolerant to gluten, my choices of dessert reduce dramatically. Chocolate and chocolate puddings are usually what I end up having. But now.....

Will appreciate some input. Thanks!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    My doc says it's ok...assuming you're not drinking gallons of coffee and coke every day.
    I've taken up coffee in my second pregnany - a latte a day plus a diet coke. I wouldn't worry about puddings; the amount of caffeine must be negligle.
    But, at the end of the day, do what you feel is right...and consult your doc.

rani is offline Administrator
    I need my tea in the mornings. Afternoons, was usually Starbucks decaf. I ate chocolate too. The key is moderation.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

loupou is offline Baby Guru
    I had coffee & coke too. 1 cup of coffee in the morning & 1 coke at lunch. My kids are healthy primary school kids now. As Rani said, moderation is key.

carang is offline Registered User
    i'm hoplessly addicted to diet coke. throughout both of my pregnancies i haven't been able to give it up and the sweet tooth does me no good either.

my son is 23 months now and is just fine, always has been...waiting to see how my little daughter will be when she's born. i do try to drink a lot more water now though.

good luck!

SoLong is offline Registered User
    My doctor asked me to reduce on my caffeine intake (I had a tea in the morning and a coffee in the evenings). And this is since we've been trying. I recently read somewhere that the caffeine in chocolates is also not good. That set me thinking.
    Thanks for your inputs. I think I will try to have it in moderation.
    :cheerlead Almost time!!!!!!

raf
    raf is offline Registered User
    I need my tea in the mornings too,rani is right moderation is the key!!