Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Anyone been to Amelia Wong

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I highly recommend Dr Cora Ngai, Dr Chan's wife. She is very professional and caring. Although I am not seeing her for this time round (I have an uncle who is an Obgyn and he is not charging me!), I did go to see her for some more advanced scans (down syndrome etc.) since my uncle does not have those equipment. She didn't mind at all that I was not going to have her deliver my baby and was very thorough with everything.
    I would definitely go to her for my second baby (since my uncle will be retiring next year).

chichi is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    Hi, mablelee, I did have experience with Dr Chan and I think he is wonderful and his service is superb. He delivered my girl months ago in the Adventist Hospital. He actually charged me similar to what he quoted to you. He probably gave you the total cost including the attendence fee and the delivery charges. He charged me 25K for the delivery and 2K per day for the attendence since I was staying in the private room. So the total is about 35K. Please check it out with Dr. Chan. I think he will certainly listen to your concerns and give you the answers, as what he usually do.
    Last edited by chichi; 02-01-2007 at 09:55 PM.

L'est Rose is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    I visited Dr. Amelia Wong during pregnancy 4 yrs ago, and also for regular annual body check.
    She gave me lots of advice, and let me to choose natural vaginal delivery or c-session. When I was pregnant, my health was very good and bb size was average (I am very petit). She said if I wanted to have natural vagiral delivery, I could try. Finally, I had natural delivery in adventist hospital, and she was quick. Very responsible doctor as well. She would take care many minor things. For example, one day after my son was born, he started to have fever which is very rare in new born case. Dr. Wong immediately informed me and helped me to contact experienced bb doctor.

amy01 is offline Registered User
    I had a bad experience with Dr Wong, she maybe a good OB as per the comments above but definitely a BAD Gyno. I visited her today for a follow-up consultation on the report from my pap smear where they found some abnormalities. Instead of patiently explaining the findings, when I asked her what exactly does did they found, she just asked to to search it up in the internet!!!! (HOW UNPROFESSIONAL) And just asked me to come back for further biopsy. Of course as a patient you would expect details and explaination etc... While I was asking her of the possibilities on what they found on the lab result, she seems to be in a rush to kick me out of her office. I would definitely not recommend Doctor Amelia Wong to anyone!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12