Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone been to Amelia Wong

raf
    raf is offline Registered User

Anyone been to Amelia Wong

I am 11 weeks and going to Dr Christine choy,But her package is expensive planning to change to Dr Amelia Wong,any suggestions?How is Dr Amelia wong,if I opt for natural vaginal delivery?I read in the forum that she is more for c-sec.

karenchan is offline Registered User

Dr Amelia Wong

Raf,

Dr Wong is my doctor, and I am 25 weeks now. Dr Wong didn't push me to choose c-session, she lets me to choose natural vaginal delivery or c-session, but I prefer c-session. I am scared of painful and no room from the private hosptial. Dr Wong has no package, she charges per visit, her charges is around $1000 with u/s; and some extra charge for blood test as well. Some visit, she doesn't do the u/s, so just charges $400-$500. I think Dr Wong is very good, very experienced.

Karen

Quote Originally Posted by raf View Post
    I am 11 weeks and going to Dr Christine choy,But her package is expensive planning to change to Dr Amelia Wong,any suggestions?How is Dr Amelia wong,if I opt for natural vaginal delivery?I read in the forum that she is more for c-sec.

bunx2 is offline Registered User

hope you don't mind if i jump in here...

i don't know how much dr choy charges for her services, but i would highly recommend dr joe chan who delivered my son two months ago. not only are his charges very reasonable for a private doctor (consultation: $600, u/s: $200, vaginal delivery: $20K), his care and bedside manner are excellent.

as a first-time mom, i had tons of questions every time i went for a check-up. dr chan always took the time to answer all of my questions and helped to alleviate any of my concerns. i was always happy to go for my check-ups!

when i finally delivered my boy at adventist hospital, dr chan was wonderful in every respect, including beating me to the hospital at midnight when my water broke, keeping me informed of my labour progress every step, and checking in on me twice a day after delivery.

if you are still looking to change OBGYN, you should absolutely consider dr joe chan (btw, if you prefer a female OBGYN, he shares a practice with his wife, dr cora ngai, who is also highly recommended)

mablelee is offline Registered User

Dear Bunx2,

For vaginal delivery charge of 20K by Dr. Joe Chan, what hospital room class does it apply to? if semi-private or private room are prefered, would Dr. Joe Chan charge a higher fee for delivery?

Thanks!

nope, dr chan's delivery charge does not vary by room class (another advantage relative to other private doctors!)

that's not what dr. joe chan has quoted me, even he charges the same for natural delivery or c-section, but he charges vary by room class:
    standard room: 20-25K
    semi-private room: 30K
    private room: 35K

other than the delivery charge difference, he also charges me $700 for consultation (instead of $600 for your case) and $200 for ultrasound.

i wonder why the price difference. my pregnancy is completely normal so far!!

oh, in that case, i don't know his updated charges. perhaps they have been revised recently, as i started seeing him early last year.

are you saying that he charges the same delivery charge for either vaginal or c-section? but that this price depends on your room class?

guess its better to check directly with his clinic for the latest fees. sorry for the confusion

I started seeing him Aug 2006 when I was 6 weeks pregnant. I have a friend's friend who is also seeing him now (she is due sooner than me) and she was told by Dr. Chan that his delivery charge is 25K (either vaginal or c-section) and he already booked semi-private room for her. In my friend's friend's case, she still got a lower charge quote as I was quoted 30K for semi-private room. My biggest worry is that Mr. Chan charges me higher fee because he knows that I have maternity insurance (but my coverage is limited and it is not enough to cover all costs).

Anyways, I will discuss with Dr. Chan about the fee at my next checkup and hopefully I could negotiate for the 'same pricing'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast