Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Excma

ninahudd is offline Registered User

Excma

Our 3 month old has just had a really bad case of excma around her neck. It looks so sore but doesn't seem to bother her too much. Does anyone have any advice about treating it and what might cause/trigger it? Would love to hear other peoples experiences and advice. Thanks

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    Mine is almost 4 months and he's Eczema too. At first he only had rashes on his neck, then we spotted some on his shoulders and inside the folds. One time his face was all red and dry too. It appears that low humidity makes the problem worse. We took him to the Pd who advised us to change formula to Nestle Na H.A. which is supposed to be less 'heated'. We have to make sure the house is dust free as it irritates his skin. All cotton clothing is a must. Use liquid instead of powder form detergent (for his clothes) as the powder may not dissolve properly and again irritates skin. And don't bath the baby in hot water. The Pd gave us lotion to put on the affected areas too.

You'll find more info from here:

http://www.kidshealth.org/parent/med...ermatitis.html

Arwen is offline Registered User
    When my girl was about 5 -6 months old, she developed this dry rash on her face. As it was winter then, we thought that it was due to the dry weather and applied various "branded" baby facial cream on the rash. Sadly, the rash did not go away and instead seem to have gotton worse.. the patch became bigger, was scaly and red..

Then I remembered a friend told me that her baby's eczema was cured by a "locally" produced face cream... and "whooola'' it really cured my girl's rash within two days... now my girl is 19months old and is still using the cream on her face everyday..

For those who want to give it a try (when all things failed and when we dont want to be applying steroid on their faces), the brand is call "Two Girls" .. their website is [email protected]

Hope it helps!

Jo Bowd is offline Registered User

Smile

I was breast feeding my son when his excema developed. I continued to breastfeed and did not start him on solids 'till 5 months. We tried a ton of different creams and bath oils all no good.

It was not 'till he was 12 months old and we tried to give him cows milk and he had an immediate reaction we realised that he has multiple food allergies. (He was tested and diagnosed by our GP and a private Allegist, with a blood test and then skin prick tests).

The allergist said that if I had consulted his initially his advice would have to me been to stop eating any dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts ands shell fish whilst breast feeding.

My son now does not consumme any of the foods he is allergic to and we used a cream called "Diprobase". It's not a steroid cream, only an moisturiser. We have to order it in especially via Mannings or Watsons. Although they do sell small tubes in the Mannings in the Princes Building.

We also put "Oilatum" in his his bath to moisurise his skin and "Epsom Salts" which are supposed to soften the water and therefore not dry the skin out so much.

Hope this helps.

ELT
    Pd gave us Elidel to put on the affected areas. Used it for 3 days and the rashes were all gone.

ninahudd is offline Registered User
    ELT, checked out Elidel on the web and they recomend it for children of 2 years and above, thought you might like to know.

joannek is offline Registered User
    try ovus cream from optimum health centre -tel. 28824848 in causeway bay & central

my baby had a very bad case of excema, nothing worked except steroid cream, which i regrettably gave her when she was 9 mths old. the rash came back 6 mths later, i refused to give steroid but nothing batural i tried helped. until my girls homeopath recommended this cream. it healed in a week. all natural, a bit pricey $320 for 45g, but all worth it.

ELT
    ninahudd, thanks.

Yes, I did and I consulted 2 pds in HK who both said it is ok to use. The instruction in the package said it is safe to use on infants too. Wonder if it is because different countries have different standards...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Scroll to top