Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

night wakings at 10 almost 11 months!

eplo19 is offline Registered User

night wakings at 10 almost 11 months!

my daughter is almost 11 months and since about 2 months ago, she started to wake up once to three times in the middle of the night- most of the time for a feeding. She used to be sleeping thru the night at 2 months old til 9 months old. At 9 months she was sick with te stom flu and since then, been waking up in the middle of the night for 1-2 feedings. Is she really hungry or just used to this ? What should I do? I'm feeding her lots already during the day. Has anyone else experienced this?

carang is offline Registered User
    i wish it was only 1-2 times per night. my son is 23 months. last night he woke up 4 times!!! he HATES being alone and so he cries and screams until we go in. problem is he has been in a proper bed since he was 12 months. this means he's been ablet o get out of bed himself since then. we're having a hell of a time breaking this habit, but we are trying.

good luck!

Kimmi is offline Registered User
    My baby is 8 months and wakes many times during the night- upto 10 times, sometimes Ive noted for a breastfeed to sleep. I guess thats just they way he is. He sleeps with us cause I just couldnt keep getting him out of the cot all night. I wouldnt dream of letting my little one scream it out, cause ""SCREAM"" very loudly would be just what he would do and that would be very upsetting for everyone. My bub also BF often during the day aswell as solids, I believe his night feeding is for comfort as my bub refused a dummy. Luckily the wakeings are quiet and dont disturb my husband at all. Im used to it now and the feedings are sort of dreamy and I just fall back to sleep.
    If the night wakings are affecting you mabe its time to try to do something about it. I dont believe in the 'cry it out' method. There is a good book called the "No Cry Sleep Soluction". I believe its available from The GeoBay shop. GOOD LUCK

rani is offline Administrator
    Yes, we sell the No-Cry Sleep Solution

http://www.shopinhk.com/product.php?productid=290
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

kashismum is offline Registered User
    You should also check out Dr Ferber's methods - I forget the exact title of his book(s).

rani is offline Administrator
    Dr Ferber's book is called "Solve Your Child's Sleep Problems"
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Coco is offline Registered User
    I use 'The baby whisperer' - Tracy Hoggs and it has worked wonders for me. Every method I try from her book has worked for me.
    I'm no expert, but eplo19, from the sounds of it, it seems like baby is waking out of habit and not from hunger. You need to stop feeding her in the middle of the night. My baby is almost 1 yr old and I've been doing the 'wind down ritual', bath, breast, bed & book around 7 ish. Then I 'dream feed' her around 10:30-11, and she usually sleeps through the night - of course there is the occasional night wakings. Try reading the different books and give the methods a go, but remember to stick to it for at least a week or two before giving up and trying a diff method !
    Good luck .....
    Last edited by rani; 01-17-2007 at 07:58 AM.

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Your baby may be hungry. Try feeding more solids in the daytime. Otherwise, could it be teething?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast