Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Teething with low-grade fever

TingTing is offline Registered User

Unhappy Teething with low-grade fever

Did anyone experience 11 months old baby teething with low-grade fever? As I used ear themormeter, everytime different result. How can you deal with that? Don't want to take milk, but no problem with the congee. Appreciated to share experience with me. Thanks!

nanzbier is offline Registered User
    Dongguan China
    Definitely experienced that before. My daughter would go on a hunger strike for one week and only want milk no solids. I give a little bit of tylenol at night if she seems in pain.

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Hong kong
    Mine is 11 months and went thru the exact same thing last month, congee as fine, but relunctant on the milk. I was told by various people that it only lasts for 1 week or so, but not my daughter. After nearly 2 weeks, I tried to feed her yoghurt if she refused her bottle, I took her to the paed. She was measured and the paed said although not losing weight, she was not gaining the weight as in the chart. The paed then suggested I changed her formula to Promil Gold since it has slightly sweeter taste and she gave me an appetite stimulant. The appetite stimulant also makes the baby sleepy, so I only gave it to her before bed. Immediately the next day, she went back to her normal feeding amount and terrible to say so, I rather enjoyed not having to wake up to tend to crying baby. Anyway, after a few days or so, her tooth cut thru and since her appetite seemed back to normal, I stopped the medicine. Maybe you should talk to your paed about it and see if he/she can help.

jools is offline Registered User
    Discovery Bay
    Teething can be a very painful process and that is why a child may refuse to eat or take milk. There are lots of things that I have tried with teething. One of the most effective I have found is Calpol (or over here Panadol); this works well at taking the pain away. I also use Teetha crystals (you can get them in Bumps to Babes). They are a homeopathic remedy and seem to work on low grade teething pain. Teething rings also help for the child to chew; the best kind are the ones that you can put in the fridge as the coolness will often sooth those sore little gums. I also found for older babies, placing a banana in the fridge and then letting them chew on that also helped to sooth them. Teething doesn't last forever, but for some babies it can be quite traumatic, I hope that helps.