Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

St. Teresa's Hospital

andychk is offline Registered User

St. Teresa's Hospital

We have moved around from doctor to doctor, hospital to hospital, private to public. Nightmares at Baptist, hygiene issues with Government, overcharging with private :blahblah - we appear to be fairly settled on St. Teresa's for an elective Cesarean in late March. Does anyone have any experience of St. Teresa's, either good or bad that they'd like to share with us?
    We have three children already between us from previous marriages and this is our first baby together - so it's not as if we don't know what to expect - perhaps we're just choosy...
    We'd love to hear from you.
    Many thanks:crib

Query is offline Registered User

St. Teresa's Hospital

Sorry I don't know anything about St.Teresa's. You mentioned that Baptist is a nightmare. I am planning to deliver at Baptist and am wondering what bad experiences you had there?

esey is offline Registered User
    I had operation (not give birth though) 4 years ago in St. Teresa. I like their environment also their staff too. I'm planning to give birth there next month as well.

For Baptist, I haven't been there but I visited my friend (who gives birth there) once 6 years ago. My impression is that rooms are quite packed.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    I went to St. Teresa to look around before deciding. You can just pop by there. When I went, this nurse there seemed reluctant to show us around and then she only showed us one room. She didn't seem very helpful so in the end my husband and I decided to deliver at the Adventist instead.

patti is offline Registered User
    I just gave birth last month at St. Teresa. The facility is very clean and the staff are very professional. I was sharing my room with 2 other women, it was actually quite noisy. If you can afford it, I would recommend a private room.

ggrizzy is offline Registered User
    i haven't delivered at st theresa's before but i've visited a few friends there, both for c-sections, and natural deliveries. what i heard is you have to share a common "pre-delivery" room with others while in early labour and if you elect to breastfeed (diehard breastfeeding fan), you have to trudge all the way to the nursery even at wee hours at night! so i guess if you elect for formula feeding and c-section, then it would be ok. i would vouch for the adventist any time!

cyberyoda is offline Registered User

St. Theresa's Father not allowed to see/hold baby until checkout???

Hi, We too are looking to deliver in St. Theresa's in late March. However, we understand that the father is not allowed to go into the baby room or hold the baby until check out time. Seems quite odd. Is this normal? For a c-section this could be 4 days!!!

We went and looked at the facilities and all seems well except for this one issue.

happybilly is offline Registered User
    I just gave birth to my baby last week at STH. I found the nurses very nice and professional, except the nurse who was present during my labour (actually I was in so much pain that I didnt notice at all but my husband told me afterwards that she stood a feet away from me most of the time and just called out "push" a few times).

It is true that dad can only hold the baby right after birth and then he'd have to wait until you leave the hospital. My husband was kind of jealous that I get to hold the baby when I go to feed her.

Also true that you must go to the nursery to feed the baby so if you cant get out of bed, you could express your milk. I was really concerned about this before birth and was deciding between STh and Adventist, then I heard that most people actually don't have enough milk to express yet 3 days after birth. If you do c-section, you might have enough milk by Day 4-5 but then by that time, you should be able to make your way to the nursery.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast