Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

thank god! 11 days and counting!!!

carang is offline Registered User

thank god! 11 days and counting!!!

down to the home stretch! thank goodness, i think i'm becoming unbearable to live with!

will be delivering 4 weeks early and under general anesthesia...
    a little nervous about the general...if any of you have experience of a c-section while under general, i'd love to hear of it...good, bad and everything in between!

thanks!

shri is offline Administrator
    Carang : offtopic .. but, best wishes to you and the hubby. :)

thanks shri!

general anasthesia.... anyone???

newbies is offline Registered User
    I had one with ga for my first girl. The only thing that made me went for epidural during my 2nd childbirth (boy) was the absence of the opportunity to witness the birth of my daugther. It took me 4 hours to comes around after the birth. Other effects frm ga such as terrible sore throught due to the insertion, split headace and nausea.

Not trying to buy you over epidural but I would have done epidural for both times should I have educated myself more on this epidural thingy.

Last but not least,my best wishes with you too!
    Last edited by newbies; 01-26-2007 at 05:36 PM.

thanks, i don't really have much choice in the matter. i've had excrucitating back and hip pain for the past 5 months. so much so that i've been in a wheelchair since last november. the anesthetist said that i could still choose an epi or a spinal but the problem with those two is that they could make my back pain worse.

i'm not fond of being sick or of having headaches(i already suffer from migraines)...i'm very worried about the intubation that you mentioned, but they keep reassuring me that i won't even know that it's been done as they'll do it when i'm already asleep....

lastly, an epi isn't even on my list as i had that with my first and it didn't work very well... i felt my c-section as it was happening.... OUCH!!!

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    I had a general aesthesia with my second child. It was an emergency caesarean. Things were going wrong with my labour and my contractions had become erratic (the midwife’s words not mine) and extremely painful. They called the doctor and I was whisked into the operating theatre within minutes. It was decided that a GA was needed as there wasn’t time for any alternatives and my son was born seven minutes later.

I don’t know how long I was asleep for. My son was born at 8:10 pm and when I woke up and fed him, all I remember was my husband was still there and I was happy to find out I had a son, and then I went to sleep again. I fed him again in the middle of the night but couldn’t manage to wind him so the nurse helped – I guess the nurse helped position him too but I don’t remember it. The next morning I was able to get out of bed but was still tired. My three year old daughter came to visit with my parents and husband. I was happy to see them but equally as happy when my husband took my daughter away to playgroup.

I didn’t have a headache or feel sick, just tired. The hardest part wasn’t the type of aesthesia rather it was the difficulty of moving around. Getting from one side of the bed to the other is just so much easier if you have a normal birth rather than a caesarean.

Best wishes with everything,
    Barb

thanks barb! feel much better knowing that not everyone has the after-effects mentioned!

as for prefering a natural delivery...never had one so nothing to compare it to, thank goodness!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast