Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Public Vs Private

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User
    woodk6

sorry to hear your dr had'nt booked you in. However I know of one lady who had a baby last monday and she was the only one in at the adventist so you may be ok. I am sure alot of people have double booked which is totally unfair on those who have'nt booked at all.

cyberyoda is offline Registered User
    The fully booked condition is definitely the result of influx of mainland chinese woman. This is because they want to deliver baby in HK so that their baby can get HK citizenship and permanent residence. It means they can enjoy all the free education and social welfare in HK. Many mainland women dont have the sense of having proper prenatal visit, acoording to the doctors, nurses, news and staff in social welfare department, many babies borned by maninland chinese women has congenital disease of any kind. When this happen, the mainland couples will just leave the baby in the hospital in HK and they go away. Due to the human right issue, HK will take care of these babies who has problems. So, this mainlanders can escape from teh expensive medical expenses and just let the HK government to raise the baby for them. Although we wont understand how they can abandone their own child, this is the real cases that add a lot of pressure to the HK medical services section as well as the society as a whole.

The social welfare department received many "orphan" whose parents are mainland chinese. They then will arrange capable families to adopt these babies. Many western people who cannot have baby are willing to adopt them. But according to law, after the child reached 18 years old, if their biological parent want to take them back, the adopted parent has no choice but to give them back the child. It means these kind people just help to raise the kids of those irresponsible mainlanders. If these mainland people only pay US$5000 already can enjoy such a good benefits and even have people to raise the kid for them, of course, this is an extremely CHEAP fare.

As a HK residents, we are worried that this will post a lot of controversial social issue and consequency in HK. It is also unfair that we work hard here and pay tax here to enjoy all the benefit we deserve while those mainland chinese (both parent are NOT HK resident and they never pay tax in HK), their child born in HK can enjoy all those benefit, it means we subsidise their kid's education and other welfare. This is absolutely unfair!!!

The HK government think that the mainland babies can help to bring in more human power to the HK society in the future. But they forgot about the QUALITY of the children is more important than just quantity. Those mainland babies born in HK then follow their parent back to CHina, can they integrate into the HK society in the future?? WIll they be blue collar like their parent or will they have reaonable education to contribute to the society in the future?? Those mainlanders who left their babies in hk and go aways also impose a lot of developmental problems in kids and may cause many social problems like drugs, triad society...etc. It is also very difficult for the HK govenemnt to plan for education and social welfare if they have no way to know how many of these babies will stay in HK for education and when they will come back. We are worried that this can create a lot of social problems in the future

jeanice is offline Registered User
    I am due in 3 weeks and baby is still in breech position. Due to go to Queen Mary so they can try turning the baby's head down. Has anyone done it before and if so, what are your experiences? I have heard that this is very painful and success rate is low. I would like to do all I can to try delivering naturally, but do not want to go through unnecessary discomforts just before. Any thoughts?

Konradsmom is offline Registered User

Unhappy

Bear,

I am in the same shoes as you adn delivering in May. I was told the only way I can get a room is to do an elective c-sec, but have called Sanitorium and Adventist and told they are close to full for mid September ( c- section or not0 !!!!

if I had the choice, I might deliver elsewhere to save myself the hassle and the stress ......

mintycat is offline Registered User
    I am having my second baby in May and I have booked the Adventist since I know I will be having a c-section (due to the first one being a c-section and a narrow pelvis). I was told that private hospitals (not sure about public) can book up to only 4 elective c-sections a day. If you are planning to have a vaginal birth, your OB will submit papers to the hospital of your due date and they will know to expect you around that time. My OB assured me that so far, there has been no cases of any patient being rejected from the hospitals of their choice (elective c-section or vaginal birth).

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234