Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Epidural or not

Bubbly is offline Registered User

Epidural or not

Just wondering what everyone's experience on epi is?

I have always wanted to have epidural but recently, have heard from many that once you have epi, you will not have enough energy to push the baby out and many mothers ended up have emergency c-section.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Am totally confused now as I am not sure I want to have epi if I am likely to end up having emergency c-section.

Please help!

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User
    I had an epi with my first child and yes it did slow everything down and make it difficult to push him out but I did not have to have an emergency c sect he was delivered with forceps. Despite the epi slowing everything down I would definitley have one again, why go through all that pain ( but then I am a wimp ).

rani is offline Administrator
    Another wimp here! I don't feel it slowed everything down. I got it at around lunch time, 2pm, started pushing at around 4pm and D was born a little before 6pm. The Dr did want to use forceps, which totally motivated me to push harder and in 2 pushes he was out.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

babyd0ll is offline Registered User
    I wanted an epi but was unable to get one - ended up delivering without any drugs painful, yes but very quick and frankly, if I had to do it all over again I would leave out the epi.

sky123 is offline Registered User
    I had an epi. Went into hospital at 8a.m had epi straight away before any pain and was induced. The baby was born at 3pm. same day so not that long. I think you also have to be careful who your anaesthetist is. I had a brilliant one and suffered no pain when putting it in or any after effects.

BLC
    BLC is offline Registered User
    Hi, I had an epi almost as soon as I arrived at the hospital about 10.30am and another one about 1pm. By the time the 2nd one was wearing off about 3pm it was time to push and my baby was born an hour later. I certainly recommend them.

miaka is offline Registered User
    i'm glad i had an epi. i arrived at the hospital in the evening and didn't deliver until the next morning. but around midnight i was already feeling tired, but couldn't rest bc of the contractions. if it wasn't for the epi, i would not have been able to get any rest and wouldn't have had any energy to push. i had a perfectly normal vaginal delivery.

rani is offline Administrator
    Did anyone suffer any side effects?

I have noticed that I can't walk for long periods, i get a shooting pain in my lower back and need to sit down.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast