Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

View Poll Results: Does Your Child Have a Security Blankie or Toy?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • We have a blankie

11 25.00%
  • A favorite toy

13 29.55%
  • Other - is it a spoon or other household object? Please share.

2 4.55%
  • No

19 43.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does Your Child Have a Security Blankie or Toy?

rani is offline Administrator

Does Your Child Have a Security Blankie or Toy?

Another GeoBaby survey:

Does your child have a security blanket or toy?

Founded GeoBaby in 2002

joannek is offline Registered User

she has a bunny. she wouldn't go anywhere without it.

when we go on a trip, she carries bunny with her in the stroller. when we go thru security check, she'd scream and cry when we had to put bunny thru the x-ray machine. then i bought her a book - mickey mouse going on holiday. and one of the pages shows goofy putting his luggage thru the x--ray machine, and i pretend to put bunny in & thru the other side. since then, every time we go thru the x-ray, she'd willingly put bunny thru the machine.

during the summer, we were to transit in london from vancouver. it just so happened to be the bomb scare weekend. we contemplated flying cos we read in the paper that a little girls teddy was taken away at the door of the plane & returned upon landing. little J couldn't sleep without hugging bunny & we didn't know what to do for the 13 hrs trip. luckily, they lifted the nothing on the plane just before we went thru transit.

ctrbabe1 Guest

My dd has a blankie. She's had it since she was born, and she always cuddled it when we were breast feeding. I ended up BFing for two years, so she got really attached! Now she's 3.5 and still can't go to sleep without it. It's starting to get pretty worn, though, as it was a thin blankie to begin with, so I give it another year of life, maximum. It'll be interesting to see how she does without it...

kellyst is offline Registered User

she has a hankie... we get from shamshuipo... and we got lots of the same hankie so we can keep changing it to keep it clean..i think they all smell the same tho.. so not exactly just one hankie works well for us

joannek is offline Registered User

o & one time we decided bunny needs a bath, so we waited til she was awake & watching tv, the nanny quickly went to wash it by hand & throw it in the dryer. after an hr, we put it back on the sofa & pretend it's been always there. when she hugges it, she smelled it, frown & said "no no no!" then threw it on the floor & stepped on it! she was pretty angry at bunny that day. from the on, we made sure we don't launder it so thoroughly.

Sleuth is offline Registered User

From what I read above, I am happy to report, "No such item here". It is almost the favorite toy of the day/hour here.

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User

My eldest has a soft toy. She was given it on her first birthday and immediately loved it. She used to take it all over with her and talk to it a lot. As she's grown up it always has pride of place on her bed and is in the bag for every sleepover. She even took it away to Paris on a school trip.

None of my others have such an important toy. I wonder if it is more a first child thing. My eldest was also my only child to have an imaginary friend.

Millerwhisk is offline Registered User

My son (who is now 8) has a soft toy and a blankie and is still v attached - does'nt want his friends to know anymore but he still takes them on holiday with us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast