Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Father/ baby visits not allowed in hosptial?

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    cyberyoda, did you say you are not allowed to take the baby to your own ward?

private hospitals seldom apply such strict rules on visitations! Is it anything to do with recent discoveries of dead birds with 'avian flu'?

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi- I had a friend give birth at the Union in Tai Wai (is that the one you mean?) and she had her husband, daughter and countless guests in her room with the baby.

But from what you said, you are not allowed to have the baby with you in your room? Insane!

joannek is offline Registered User
    that is one ridiculous rule!! so besides breastfeeding, the baby must be left in its cot? without human contact? even animal babies snuggle against mummy for the first few days. so you mean babies who are born in these hospitals aren't even treated as the animals?! outrageous....

cyberyoda is offline Registered User
    This is really disappointed. The hospitals told us that they changed the rule at end of last year as there were too many people stuck at the baby room before change of rule...even when we call Canossa again today to double confirm, they told us they changed the rule now. No father allowed in the baby room. If you have a private room, there is a possiblility they will allow you to bring baby to your room but NOT long time. But how many private room in the hospital?? Not everyone is early enough to book the private room. We were told by Union hospital several months ago that husband can make appointment to get into baby room to visit baby any time. But then just found out " they changed the rule". Our baby due later in March that we wont have time to change the hospital (it's all FULL) and doctor (different doctor register at different private hospital. If we want to change hospital means that we have to change doctor as well...)although this is really an important issue to us.

The nurse also claimed that the baby wont be left unattended. They still got human contact from the nurses who are supposed to take care of the baby. But they dont seem understand the importance of human contact with the baby's own PARENT!!! Really insane!!!

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    Of course you can change hospital. I just gave birth at Queen Mary and there were lots of empty beds, my baby stayed next to me the whole time, and my partner could of course see/hold/take care of the baby during the 3 hours of visiting each day.

cyberyoda is offline Registered User
    Do you mean the public ward OR private section of Queen Mary hospital? As I plan to do elective C-section, no public hospital public ward will do C-section for you if there is no complication or special emergency case. For private section in public hopspital, we heard that there is NO choice of doctor (depends which doctor on duty)while the doctor that we are seeing now was recommended by friends who had good C-section experience....we want to make sure the doctor is good for smooth delivery.

geiboyi is offline Registered User
    Ok, I see, no, for an elective c-section you do need to go private.

capital is offline Banned
    That is crazy! They won't let you take the baby to your own room? If you are not having complications could you not just check yourself out of the hospital early? 4 days in hospital for a c/sec is twice as long as you would get to stay in hospital in canada if you have no complications. If it was me and I could not switch hospitals, I would leave as soon as possible.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast