Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Any Doctor Recommendations Canossa/ Anvantis

cyberyoda is offline Registered User

Any Doctor Recommendations Canossa/ Anvantis

HI all,

Has anybody any OB doctor recommendations for Canossa hospital? I'm considering doing a C-section there. Adventis is my second choice! If you could tell what the consultation fees are as well that would be super!

thanks for the help

Bubbly is offline Registered User
    I know of 2 OBs who goes to Canossa: Dr. DAvid Ng and Dr. Amelia Wong
    Although I am not sure of all their fees, I know the following:

Dr. Ng Tel: 2523 1326 - the most experienced OB for Canossa so the hospital actually bends over backwards for his clients. For example, they told me that they can guarantee that they will have a room for any of his clients. I have been to see him and he is very professional and comforting when I had some bleeding and got quite worried.

Dr Wong - young and professional. I know for sure that she should be cheaper than Dr Ng (although you should call them to check). However, I know she does scold her clients quite a lot as a couple of friends always get worried before they go for their check ups. The main concern always being weight gain. Haven't been to see her though.

For Adventist: you can try Dr Cora Ngai Tel: 2523 3328. I have been to see her for some U/S and she is very professional and nice. I find her very reassuring and she has a lovely clinic. When I went to her for my detailed scan, the charge was $1,200.

All 3 doctors have clinics in Central

hope this helps

AnitaC is offline Banned
    I am seeing Dr Jennie Ng who is very experienced and well known for C-session. She can arrange the delivery at Canossa, Adventist, as well as Sanatorium.

The prenatal check up (including 3D ultrasounds, vitamins, urine tests and DVDs recording) is between HKD$750 to HKD$850.

The delivery cost will depend on the room you are going for. For C section in a general ward is HKD$18,000 and then I think it jumps to HKD$24,000 to semi-private room.

Dr Jennie Ng C. W.
    Rm 1318, Melbourne Plaza,
    33 Queen's Road Central,
    Hong Kong

Tel: 2523 6888

Two of my friends have just had C-section by Dr Ng in the last two months. They are both very well and they could actually walk properly from the next day!

I am now 36 weeks pregnant and aim for natural birth. But if I need to go for C-section with Dr Ng, I feel comfortable that I am in capable hands. Hope this information helps!

Anita

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    Guess if you are choosing c-sectiobn, Jenny Ng is a good choice as any, but if not, I'd consider again. She was the obs for my baby and I thought it was slightly inethical that she insisted that if I wanted her to deliver my baby, the baby was ready and she could induce early. This was becos she was going on holiday during last CNY and would not be present on the due date. Since my baby was only estimated to be 6 lbs or so, I declined, I thought the longer she stayed in and gained some weight the better and she'd come when she's ready. Not to mention that Dr. Ng told us very early on that we were having a boy and then for the next 7 months, even though she probably saw that it was a girl, she did not inform us. We dun mind of course about the sex, but we ended up with all blue stuff for the first 3 months! We were also rushed out of her surgery every visit before I could mutter the questions I had. Sorry, but my experience was not good so definitely not someone I'd recommend. Having said that, I have a friend who saw her for both of her babies.

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Hey Andrea,

You got me very worried now! My baby is due 22nd of February and Dr Ng has booked an induction for us for the 28th of February. I am going to have a check up at hers today. Hopefully my baby is of decent weight!

Also, I was told that my baby was a girl at week 16 and then week 20 she said it is a 100% a boy! I wonder whether I should ask her again the sex or not!

Oh god, we have already got all the clothes sorted out and names, etc. And my husband is over the moon since he knew we are having a boy! He would be terribly disappointed if it isn't! Oh dear.....should I just leave it till the baby pops or should I ask Dr Ng again for the sex! I wish didn't read this thread! Damned!

Anita

AnitaC is offline Banned
    Just came back from the prenatal check up. Baby is already 7 pounds. So I will probably want him to come early.

I didn't ask Dr Ng the sex of the baby again. I am just not sure if I should. "sigh"

Anita

AndreaY is offline Registered User
    hey, if you are due 22nd, how come inducing on 28th? I would not worry if you are planning to have c-section anyway, my friend thought she was very experienced and good when she had her emergency c-section. I was just a little miffed that Dr. Ng was trying to convince us to induce so that she could deliver early and pocket the fees. To tell you the truth, we were very surprised when the stand-in doc told us we had a girl and went "HAR?!". The doc even took another look and said "Yup, it is a girl". It was very funny. We did have to spend the next few weeks rushing to find girl's name though. Don't worry, I am sure you are in capable hands and will deliver a healthy baby boy!

handcream is offline Registered User
    Hey, Dr. Alexander Doo also is a good doctor. Tel: 2523 3007