Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Any English speaking kids studying at local kindy

LittlePumpkins is offline Registered User

Any English speaking kids studying at local kindy

How is their Chinese going? Do they like learning Chinese?

Vrindavan is offline Registered User
    should be no problem

HKside is offline Registered User
    I see many english speaking kids studying in local kindies but most are at mandarin teaching ones. Mandarin is one most popular and easier language to learn with the pinyin.

Poppy is offline Registered User
    If by Kindy you mean Kinder garden, then I have to say it is going great!!!

My daughter speaks English and German at home and English, Maderin and Cantonese at school. She understands all of the languages very well - she has been at a kindy in Hong Kong for just over 1 year now. I find the apptitude for learning languages at this age is absolutely amazing! She only has 10 minutes per day maderin class and she seems to understand it fluently - my friends who speak Cantonese say that she definitely understands Cantonese also (she does not have Cantonese lessons, she is just exposed to it from the other class in her school).

My daughter is 2 yrs 5 months.

xx

Sorry if I have missunderstood the post though lol

barbarita is offline Registered User
    Hello Poppy,
    I would like to find a good local Kindie for my daughter. As your daughter seems to have adapted very well to the kindie she was at, would you be so kind as to tell me the name of the kindie she attended? Thank you very much in advance!
    Barbarita

Tulip is offline Registered User
    Hi Poppy,
    I'm feeling better after reading your post. At home, we speak english and french. My daughter who is 2 yrs 2 months joined a local kindy last friday and I must admit I'm worried that she would feel lost. She's the only child who does not speak cantonese in her class. It's still too early for me to know if she likes it.
    I stayed with her the first few days. She however started crying when it was time for me to leave her. She's been crying again this morning. I guess this is quite normal for the first week. Should you have any tips about how to help her settle down well and faster, please share with me. May I also ask the name of the kindy that your daughter is attending? Thanks!

mambo is offline Registered User

name of kindy

My son is also english speaking and we would like to send him to a good chinese speaking local kindy. We prefer smaller classes if possible. I have been researching and finding it difficult to obtain info. as most of the info of these local kindy are in chinese. Please do PM or let me know the kindy of your choice or any that you can recommend. We live in Ho Man Tin. Thanks!

mukesh is offline Registered User
    My son is 14 mnths old and I am looking for some local Kidergartens which teaches mainly in english and is in Fanling and Sheung Shui.

I prefer to send my kid to a pre school which also teaches Chinese but the mode of communication mostly in english for normal routine.

If any body has any info please share.

I can be reached for PM at [email protected]

thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast