- 01-30-2007, 09:45 PM #1
I bought some chinese soup stuffs like the monkey head mushrooms,white fungus,lotus seeds and some more (the names i am unsure of).
I wud like to know where to store them.Do i have to keep them in the deep freezer?Or in tins outside?
Thankyou so much.
- 01-31-2007, 09:45 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2005
- Hong Kong
the safest place will be in the refrigerator in the drawer where one pu the vegis. cus of the humdity in hk. u don't want anything wlking around inside next time you open them. =)
- 02-03-2007, 08:35 PM #3
Just today one of our acquaintances mentioned abt the chinese herbs.We hail from South India and out there nobody drinks soup or anythn like that.Ofcourse there are the ayurvedic stuffs that people use.
I had just bought some things as advised by the doc for his lungs.Thats when i met this person who said "why do u go for all these things for ur small kid?"
To build up his immunity,was my reply.Besides, the homeopath agrees with it.
This person insisted that since we(the parents) havent used these things as children and since we dont go by these things in our country perhaps the child wont be able to digest or his body might not be able to "take "it.
I have been givn him soup with lamb or chicken bones and wolfberry seeds,red dates,dry and fresh mushrooms etc etc since he was 2.
I had never heard of somethn like this before.
I personally feel the Chinese have an excellent choice of food etc etc including green tea etc
Is there somethn like this ?the kids shudn be given what is being used in country we live but only what and how its given in the native country,what his parents have eaten as kids!!!
Thankyou all for ur comments and advices!!!
- By fennho in forum Preparing for the ArrivalReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-2010, 08:43 PM
- By Arwen in forum Baby TalkReplies: 3Last Post: 05-15-2009, 10:53 PM
- By Precious88 in forum Baby TalkReplies: 2Last Post: 06-18-2008, 12:47 PM
- By engee in forum Feeding BabyReplies: 11Last Post: 02-10-2007, 07:48 AM
- By CheriC in forum Hong Kong Pregnancy ForumReplies: 6Last Post: 07-29-2006, 12:11 AM