Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

anyone been to Dubai for a holiday????????

pearldots is offline Registered User

anyone been to Dubai for a holiday????????

Hiya all,

We are making plans to go to dubai in april,can anyone tell me how is the place...which is a good ,reasonable, decent hotel....and what are the sure tourists palces to go for,especially with a 5 year old child???

Thanks in advance to all those reply,

Cici is offline Registered User
    we went as a family to dubai, 3 years ago. I'm sorry I can't remember which hotel we stayed in- all I can remember is that the locals LOVE kids. We took them to that 6 * underwater hotel for lunch (no kids allowed for dinner) and they were wonderful, the waitresses played with the kids so much we could relax and have a nice leisurely lunch.

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Hi,

The hotel next to Burj Al Arab (the six star hotel) has a water park that is open for anyone (not just hotel guests). It has many pools, slides etc. and is great for kids.

You might also consider taking a jeep ride into the desert- you can also choose to ride a camel if you wish, might be pretty exciting for a five year old.

It might also be a good idea to choose a hotel with it's own private beach and pool rather than one in the city. There are lots of hotels with such facilities.

A trip to the gold souk is always fascinating, even for a child and even if you don't plan to buy anything!

However Dubai can be very hot ( I believe also even in April) and the sun is very intense so you'll need to keep your child well protected!

Also while there are no laws in Dubai concerning how women need to dress it is always best to dress modestly. In the hotel and on the hotels own beach you can dress as you would in HK- bikini and all! However once out in public it is best to stick to trousers and long skirts. T-shirts are fine, sleeveless tops are not! Like I said there are no laws about dress- but if you wear anything that shows your shoulders and legs people will stare and stare and stare! Plus it just doesn't feel right.

pearldots is offline Registered User

Thankyou cici and bekyboo

Many many thanks to both of you for your replies....

Cici...wanted to ask you about this underwater hotel....do we need to make reservations ...or no need?..also my child is 6 and half.....i hope he will be allowed....whats the age limit again?any idea?

Bekyboo...thanks a lot...i wouldnt know anything about the dress code .....that was nice of you to mention...also about this jeep ride on the desert ,whats it the place called??

Thanks again!!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    There are lots of companies that organise jeep rides into the desert- probably the easiest way to organise is when you get to your hotel ask them to help you organise it and they should be able to no problem! Enjoy- it really is a lot of fun, and quite an experience!

acdenmark is offline Registered User

Dubai

Hi there

The nice waterpark is called the wild wadi and it is a really cool place. If you walk around in the souk you can also take a small local boat to cross the canal, just for fun. DO NOT go to the Zoo, it would disapoint you. It is very small and the animals are not happy.
    If you go to the desert, you might be able to find a trip that inclues an overnight which is fun. It is really hot, so sun block is important. Generally, the arabs love kids so mine alway loved it there because people are friendly and actually talk to them and play with them.

Have a good trip
    Christina