Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Advise on breastfeeding problem

nanolek is offline Registered User
    Dear Chubbysan,
    I hd the same problem last week, though my bb latched on through the nite somehow I woke up with a painful breast. I didn't hv fever though, just hard and painful breast. It's my first time experiencing this pain, my bb is now 9mths. U may try the way I did ; hving hot shower directly to yr breasts for 5 mins or more then hv yr baby sucks and tried massaging whilst he's sucking. I was ok after that.

Hope it helps,

chubbysan is offline Registered User
    Eastern HK Island
    hi everyone,

thanks 4 all yr replies. finally manage to clear the blockage. in fact just when i tot my right breast recovering,. my left side start feeling the pain n fever came again. finally now both sides seem cleared.

i will now look into ways to prevent it cos seem like i always get fever when i got blocked milk duct. so making it v miserable for me.

thank you,

bo* is offline Registered User
    Hi sorry I didn't have time to read all of your replies, so i'm not sure if anyone has already suggested this but whenever I get blocked ducts I express the milk from that breast to relieve the pain. You don't need a fancy electric pump just a basic hand pump will do fine. I'm glad you don't have pain anymore but just incase it returns I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12