Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Baby winter clothes

kayla is offline Registered User

local dept stores

try Wing On Dept Store (sheung wan/tai koo), Jusco (kornhill), Sincere (sheung wan), Sogo (cwb) or Uny (tai koo). they have all sorts of down jackets and winter coats. (i only know hk side locations) it seems that sales r still on.

Jo&Caia is offline Registered User

Hi Sumei,

We're off to Whistler too! Are you going on a skiing holiday?

I also bought a $20 Next jacket in Stanley, it's in light blue and more of a boy's color... but hey for that price who cares... besides my daughter is always mistaken for as a boy (even if she wears pink!).

I'll venture out to the outlets next days and if I don't find anything there then I'll try the local dept stores. I'll let you know the result.

Shoes: we've got her a pair of waterproof boots last time we were in Germany. I didn't do much searching here in HK, I only saw a few in Stanley but then again I didn't think they were suitable for such cold weather.

Erin is offline Registered User

I wouldn't worry too much about shoes. If you need boots, they'll be easy to find in Canada. Just make a stop at Wal Mart on your way to Whistler.

Sumei is offline Registered User

Kayla : thanks for the tip, I didn't think about the local dept stores, what a good idea!

Erin : thanks for the tip, that is very consoling to know, we have 4 full days in Vancouver before heading up to Whistler so if I can't find anything here it's nice to know I have somewhere to fall back on!

Jo : Yes, Whistler is a ski holiday primarily for my husband! I am bringing up my ski gear but given my son at 2 years old is too young for ski school I don't think I'II be spending much time on the slopes. I am nervous about the long haul flight there (we haven't had good experiences with him sleeping on the plane for long haul flights) but he is older now and we plan on exercising him well in the airport terminal before we board! Wasn't that NExt jacket such a good buy?!?!!!!

Sumei,

You still on the lookout for winter stuff? Try SOGO, they have a lot on sale. Went there the other day and managed to buy a down jacket for my daughter at Chickeeduck. Unfortunately I was not able to fnd a warm pullover on her size. Check out the sport section too (one or two floors down the kids section) for more winter jacket selection.

I also went to the outlets in Causeway Bay but didn't find any there.

Sumei is offline Registered User

hi Jo!

I eventually bought a down jacket from Kingkow for $320 (1/2 off), funny thing is that it looks very similar to our $20 Next jacket from Stanley, my helper thought I was mad! Glad to hear you've found your little one's jacket. I bought a fitted zip up fleece top (they have them in basic colours) for my son from the Outdoor Shop in TST (opposite Harbour City, same side as Hard Rock Cafe, in the building as Citysuper food court - it's in the basement) which sells a great range of adult and kids ski stuff, also picked up nice warm extra small ski mittens there. Hopefully with thermal tees, he'll be ok, he still won't wear a beanie though! For shoes, I succumbed and picked up Timberland boots for him. I am just not a good last minute shopper and didn't want to panic buying in Vancouver when we arrive!

I didn't find anything very suitable in the alleys of Causeway Bay either....

Hi Sumei,
    I've sent you a PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12