Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Baby winter clothes

Jo&Caia is offline Registered User

Baby winter clothes

We're off to Canada for CNY, where can I get thick winter jackets (possibly down), wool pullovers, etc for a 1 year old? Been to Stanley and didn't really find something sutiable.

Thanks!

bekyboo44 is offline Registered User
    Have you tried Mothercare or Marks and Spencer? Only problem is both places just had big sales for their winter stuff, and are starting to get the spring stuff in already- worth a try though. I got my son a thick winter jacket from Mothercare; and another one from Wanchai Market (next), you could try there too.
    He has wool jumpers from Marks and Spencer and Ralph Lauren ( a little pricey but gorgeous!). As well as some from Kingkow which were a present, not sure where Kingkow shops are.
    I also find there is a real lack of choice when it comes to buying practical reasonably priced baby/childrens clothes in HK so it might be worth stocking up while you are in Canada.

Claire27 is offline Registered User
    Hi Jo,

I met you last week at Pacific Place, my daughter is Isabella. Hope you and Caia are well.

I saw some winter clothes in the baby stores in the Prince's Building, and there are many sales going on at the moment as well. Try Mothercare, Bennetton, ect..you should be able to find something.

Have a good holiday!!

Claire

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    I saw some nice quality down jackets at chickeeduck and kingkow. Didn't check the price though.

ontheroad is offline Registered User
    There are lots of kids winter clothes at Stanley market as well.

joannek is offline Registered User
    you should try the down outlets in causeway bay. try the street next to the old mitsikoshi dept store (hennessay centre), also one outlet shop on jardine's bazaar, you walk in from watson's (across the st from sogo), along the left pavement.

Jo&Caia is offline Registered User
    Thanks ladies for your replies. I've also been to Marks & Spencers and the baby shops in Princes Bldg including Mothercare but there's not much choices anymore and not really appropriate for the Canadian winter. I'll try the outlets that joannek mentioned... maybe I'll have my luck there.

Sumei is offline Registered User
    hi Jo,

we are also in Canada for CNY, specifically Vancouver and Whistler! I too am on the lookout for a nice warm thick down jacket for my 2 year old, as he will be too young to ski, I didn't think a ski jacket type thing was appropriate. I picked up a nice thick Next jacket for him from Stanley (it was only $20) as it was the closest thing to what I wanted but am still hunting. Did you find anything in Wanchai eventually?

I picked up some XS warm ski mittens for him and long sleeve thermal tees and longjohns from Marks & Spencer and some fitted fleece sweater tops.

Question - what do you do for shoes for such cold weather? (in HK during winter he's in Nike trainers!!) Do you have to get them boots? and if so from where?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast