Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Anyone know of a podiatrist/chiropodist?

hkaussie is offline Registered User

Anyone know of a podiatrist/chiropodist?

Hi there,
    I'm looking for a podiatrist/chiropodist in Hong Kong, preferably not the most expensive ones. I have seen a couple of listings in Central but I am guessing they would be really expensive.

If someone has a good recommendation I don't mind where in HK it is located. I have no idea how much this kind of thing costs either so if you can give me a ball park of a reasonable consultation fee, that would help.

Thanks,
    HKAussie

PS - Fee and Sarah, if you're reading!

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    When I had problems with my feet hurting I visited Karlyn Harfoot. The consultation cost me about $1,000 including the blue inner soles she recommended. At the time I thought it was quite expensive but now I think I got real value for money. (My doctor gave me a recommendation so my insurance actually paid the bill.)

My heels had been hurting when I walked, at first only occasionally but in the end nearly all the time. I visited Karlyn and she spent a long time with me studying the way I walked. She told me that the problem was because I wasn’t walking correctly and custom made some blue inner soles for my shoes. At first I was only to wear them a couple of hours a day and slowly build up to being able to wear them all day.

This was about five years ago. I still wear the blue inner soles most days but I can manage without them for about three days then the fourth day the pain starts to return. I definitely think I got value for money.

Karlyn Harfoot
    Central Office
    14/F, 10 Pottinger Street
    Central, Hong Kong
    Telephone: 2877-1683
    Fax: 2167-8287
    Office Hours: Mon – Sat (by appointment only)
    Hospital Affiliation: Matilda Hospital
    Education: HChD, MChS, SRCh, HPC
    Repulse Bay Office
    Unit B, 2/F., Dairy Farm Shopping Centre,
    35 Beach Road, Repulse Bay, Hong Kong
    Telephone: 2812-6524
    Fax: 2813-2998

pearldots is offline Registered User

whats a podiatrist/chiropodist?

are these the doctors for your foot problems or somthing???

barbwong_130 is offline Registered User
    Podiatry is a field of healthcare primarily devoted to the study and treatment of disorders of the foot, ankle, and sometimes knee, leg and hip (collectively known as the lower extremity).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_...atric_Medicine

I read your other thread and I think that Karlyn Harfoot would be a good person to see about your child’s problem. She is also the owner of a children’s shoe shop in Pottinger Street in Central – sorry I’ve forgotten the name of it.

Kia
    Kia is offline Registered User
    My 4 year old daughter, Kiara, had beautiful, straight, parallel toes until a few months ago. Now her toes are curves and in particular her big toe goes out then curves in. Anyone know who would be a good doctor to treat this? Please?

Scroll to top