Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

No Confirmed Hospital Room!!!

rani is offline Administrator
    Your welcome! Let us know when you're ready and we can send you "labor vibes".
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

kayla is offline Registered User

hospital pains

I also have a dilemma abt hospital space. my dr. delivers at both Adventist and Canossa and Adventist is my first choice as I delivered there for our first child. However, since the recent high demand for spaces in maternity wards, my dr. recommended that I submit my name to both hosps. Adventist operates on first come first serve basis to only those who register in advance. Canossa only confirms a booking upon payment of a deposit. so, if Adventist doesn't have a spot for me when i am due to deliver (first week of April) then I would have to look to Canossa (provided that i pay the deposit). If i end up going to Adventist and don't go to Canossa, I won't get my deposit back. we're still debating about what to do since Canossa is not hospital of choice and it would seem unfair to have to pay the non-refundable deposit...number 1 was definitely stress free in terms of securing a hospital room...what to do?

Nula is offline Registered User
    I think it is really not very professional for Obs to be recommending their patients to register/book at two hospitals. They are making the situation worse.

Layla if you are registered at the Adventist for around the time of your delivery you will get a bed it just might not be what you wanted (ie not a private room). In fact, the Adventist have a line in their new information pack that Dr's that have significant no shows will have their patient quota reduced - so they are shooting themselves (and their patients) in the foot so to speak.

LittleLams is offline Registered User
    Kayla,

That is odd. My doc tells me different things - (i) can't double book at two hospitals (which is understandable) and (ii) my doc has booked me into Canossa without requiring me to put down a deposit.

LittleLams is offline Registered User
    Rani, hoping to go inot labour anytime from 36 weeks onwards as it may be easier if baby is not too big since I had a previous c-section. Thanks for the labour vibes!!

kayla is offline Registered User
    Nula and LittleLams,

I will have to investigate deeper as to whether a deposit is required at Canossa.
    It is so stressful now, just having the issue of whether not i'll have a hospital space looming overhead, as if there weren't enough things to take care of in preparing for the baby's actual arrival. wish me luck!

karenchan is offline Registered User

Deposit - Canossa

Canossa will send the confirmation to your O&G doctor, then ask you to pay the deposit for $20K two months in advance.

woodk6 is offline Registered User
    I also just found out that I do not have a confirmed hospital room. My Dr delivers at the Adventist and Matilda - both are fully booked for April which is when I'm due. I had always intended to deliver at the Matilda but was told that I didn't need to worry about it until I returned from winter holiday at the end of January. My Dr said that when I go into labor, she'll call both and see if they have space, if not then she'll call another Dr who has connections in Kowloon, and if he can't then I'll go to government hospital. Very upsetting to say the least.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast