Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

No Confirmed Hospital Room!!!

bexterHK is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    we had a related experience that i found puzzling. our doc registered us and several other patients at 16 weeks. we are all due in april.

last week, she told us that our booking was confirmed while that of her other patients was not. she kept saying that we were 'very, very lucky' to get into matilda.

given that we got in while others did not, i wonder if there is some sort of points system where people who take pre-natal courses at the hospital (we are taking 3 separate courses) are given priority enrollment?

this is all very scary. i feel terrible for the moms who did not get into their top choice hospital. that we i also wonder what happened to the government's promise that hk people would be given priority at our hospitals.

given that hk is supposed to have one of the lowest birth rates in the world, this is madness!

kashismum is offline Registered User
    Hong Kong
    bexter - it seems the government have no jurisdiction over the private hospitals. Their promise is that HK residents are promised a bed in a (public) hospital.

So far, I've not heard that this promise has been broken.

aussiegal is offline Registered User
    I've just booked into the Matilda for a June delivery and like everyone else am unable to be given a confirmed room. Apparently women from Mainland China choose to have babies in Hong Kong nowdays because it's cheaper! I would never have figured that but there you have it.

It's a pretty awful position to be in but my doctor assures me whilst they say this to nearly everyone they haven't yet turned anyone away. Fingers crossed it works out for all of us.

rani is offline Administrator
    Pokfulam, Hong Kong
    Heard today that noone has been turned away from the Matilda yet.
    Founder of GeoBaby.Com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123