Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

anybody try ProSobee from MeadJohnson?

YKY
    YKY is offline Registered User

anybody try ProSobee from MeadJohnson?

My son, 4 months old, has eczema and so I'm thinking of switching formulas from the current Enfamil A+ to see if it helps his eczema. Has anyone tried ProSobee? It's the soybased line from MeadJohnson. Is there a particular brand that has been good for babies with eczema?

HKside is offline Registered User
    My son tried that soy milk too for reasons that we both have ezcema once and thought the baby might likely have. Lucky though he's fine. He had that milk for a year or so then we changed back to cows milk and goats milk. He's fine and healthy.

This skin problem is difficult to tackle but will go away as the baby gets bigger. You may need to check with the doctor. One common reason for that is lactose intolerance as you may have heard of that. Drinking goats milk is another alternative, if lactose is not the issue. It was said that goats milk protein is easier to digest and are well metabolised in the body.
    It's just that we can't find any fresh milk here in HK.

YKY
    thanks, HKside. I've started feeding my son the ProSobee. So, let's see how it goes.

In your posting, did you mean that lactose intolerance can be the cause for eczema?

ELT
    ELT is offline Registered User
    My boy has shifted from Friso to Nestle Na A.H. Our pds recommeneded it as they suspect Sean's skin is easily irritated by the 'heated' formula, as well as protein. Can't tell if the shift has helped with the eczema condition. He still has it when there change in weather, or when he's out the whole day (guess it's the wind and dust in air), or when his face is in contact with wool or harsh fabric. One thing I do know is he has the nastiest smelling poo-poo and farts ever since he drinks this formula... I am serious!

katyw is offline Registered User
    Hi YKY - Just last night I bought some Nursoy for exactly the same reason that my son has developed ezcema I'm sure it's irritated by dairy. Does he take the ProSobee ok? Mine's not sure on the Nursoy and to be honest it smells quite foul, maybe ProSobee might be better.

YKY
    Hi Katyw - My son's taking ProSobee ok but his pooh is firmer. At first, I thought he may be having constipation, but I don't think it's that. ProSobee's smell is pretty unappetizing to say the least. It's because of the soy. The other thing about ProSobee (compared to Enfamil) is that we have to stir/shake pretty hard for it to dissovle properly. How is Nursoy working out for you? Who makes that.

Scroll to top