Forums  •  Classifieds  •  Events  •  Directory

Air pollution & commute times

wintermom is offline Registered User

Air pollution & commute times

Would anyone be able to comment on the quality of the air around the Belcher's area? My husband and I liked the facilities and proximity to central, but with two young children were wondering whether it's worth living in Pokfulam or even Stanley, the other areas we liked. The air quality at Belcher's seemed much better than Causeway, but then the other two areas were better still. My husband's office will be in Cauaseway Bay. He thought that the commute to and from Stanley would easily be an hour. Any thoughts? Other suggestions?

ontheroad is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by wintermom View Post
    Would anyone be able to comment on the quality of the air around the Belcher's area? My husband and I liked the facilities and proximity to central, but with two young children were wondering whether it's worth living in Pokfulam or even Stanley, the other areas we liked. The air quality at Belcher's seemed much better than Causeway, but then the other two areas were better still. My husband's office will be in Cauaseway Bay. He thought that the commute to and from Stanley would easily be an hour. Any thoughts? Other suggestions?
    With the 40 minibus, the commute from Stanley to Causeway Bay is at most 30 minutes. Much less by scooter or motorcycle.
    It's a great place to live in. Lots of families, village-like life, nice beaches, a great public library, coffee-shops, supermarkets and shops, as well as many family restaurants. Kids are very happy there and the quality of the air is much better than up north. Not many high rises so it gives the place a more "human" touch.
    If you want a place with nice facilities, you should look at the Pacific View or the Manhattan towers, otherwise there are many lowrises with swimming pools and sometimes playgrounds as well. Have you also looked at Repulse Bay? It's closer to Causeway Bay, in front of a beach and there are many high rises with facilities.

wintermom is offline Registered User
    Thanks for the reply- we did look at RB but I preferred the "feel" of Stanley. We toured both Manhattan and Pacific View and both were v. nice, but I really liked the low rises for the reason you offered. I appreciate the feedback.